shape
carat
color
clarity

another ebay deal that sounds to good but.........

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gemlin

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone!

I am a newby here. I searched the archive and didn''t find anything relating to this seller. Do you think this deal is too good to be true? The following is stated on this sellers site:

We guarantee the stones in this package to be genuine Tanzanite. Further we guarantee the carat weights and measurements to be accurate. If for any reason you are dissatisfied with the collection you may return it within 30 days of receipt for a full refund - no questions asked!

[CLICK HERE]

Barbara

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/6/2006 8:46:01 PM
Author:Gemlin
Hello everyone!

I am a newby here. I searched the archive and didn''t find anything relating to this seller. Do you think this deal is too good to be true? The following is stated on this sellers site:

We guarantee the stones in this package to be genuine Tanzanite. Further we guarantee the carat weights and measurements to be accurate. If for any reason you are dissatisfied with the collection you may return it within 30 days of receipt for a full refund - no questions asked!

[CLICK HERE]

Well, I took a look at the ad and although the vendor has been doing business for several years and has a highly positive feedback rating -- the descriptive material written about the lot of stones doesn''t gibe with Tanzanite. The ad says the stones are 8.5 in hardness -- Tanzanite is 6.5.

I think these may be CZ Tanzanite simulants -- I''d submit a question to the seller asking him/her to explain the 8.5 hardness. Sometimes the high volume ebay sellers re-use parts of descriptions and cut and paste and it may have been an honest mistake on their part.

Barbara

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Red flags for me.....
14.gif

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Welcome Gemlin
35.gif

Buying colored gemstones on Ebay is a real shot in the dark. Pictures and descriptions are often embellished and
there's the tiny fine print.

You would be better off attending a gem show in your area and hand selecting a gem of your choice. Or better yet,
visit a local jeweler who features a selection of loose gems. Ask lots of questions, too!

Welcome Barbara
35.gif

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

colorchange

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Buying on ebay is hard (though there are a few good deals and a few reputable dealers).
But I have never seen lot on ebay that are good deals...

If you are willing to buy some tanzanites, ebay is not a bad place because :
- Pricing is very easy.
- Photos of tanzanite tend to be easy to do, so to me rather trustworthy, if the seller is honnest.

But don''t buy lots...

Phantasmagoria

Rough_Rock
I looked at a few of deepbluediscounts things, i don''t know if this means anything to you, but i was looking at their lot of 8 alexandrite auction and asked the seller (just in case) if they had the color change to them. They replied no they don''t change color at all. They did not say that on their auction page, and if 0 out of 8 alexandrites do not change color, would they even be actual alex? I''m not an expert but i have a feeling they were selling those stones as something they weren''t.

just something to keep in mind i guess.

Barbara

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/6/2006 8:46:01 PM
Author:Gemlin
Hello everyone!

I am a newby here. I searched the archive and didn't find anything relating to this seller. Do you think this deal is too good to be true? The following is stated on this sellers site:

[CLICK HERE]

Hi again,

After reading your post, I sent this ebay vendor a question based on the hardness of Tanzanite versus the hardness of the gem they were offering -- after 7 days still no answer -- right there that would settle it for me. A vendor that refuses to or has no time to answer your questions is not worth doing business with. The good vendors on ebay will not only answer your question, but publish the question and its answer as an addendum to the description.

Barbara

33.gif

dja

Rough_Rock
I beleive the only gems I''d buy on EBay would be the ones I could put in my arbor press (crush them) and use them in my art work. But then that would go also for most of the colored gems I seen at the LA Gold Mart.

dja

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results