shape
carat
color
clarity

Another day in the life of an LIW... (rant)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Hey all!

Was out of town this weekend visiting SO, (actually still here) to attend an event for his company. They put us up in nice hotels with nice food and drinks
31.gif
, and SO and I like to live it up and loaf around ordering room service after the parties (yes, we pay for the room service)! At any rate, he asked me to come up a few weeks ago, and I said yes. Then, around Thurs, I started getting sick, ugh. I came up on Saturday morning, leaving at 5:30am (I went to bed at 2am), and getting here in time to crawl into the bed. I was still amped up on coffee and Dayquil (bad combo, I know), so I couldn''t quite sleep. I finally doze off around noon and sleep until 4pm... I scramble to get ready, and we check into the hotel and get to the event by 6:30, and I act like my friendly self and try to remember the names of people who I have met before. The normal conversations ensue. Are you guys married yet? No? Engaged? One couple actually grabbed my hands to check my finger
20.gif
. (I think a "no" should have sufficed...) I smile graciously and let it all slide. THe drugs are holding up, so we are doing ok. Our alma mater is playing football at 8pm, and SO promises we can sneak out early to watch the game. I just want to crawl in bed. We sit in the very back, and as luck has it, SO''s VP of operations sits right next to us. Fantastic, guess we aren''t leaving early.
14.gif
I am trying very hard to be pleasant between blowing my nose every few minutes. Ironically, VP and wife are from the same area as my family and we start small talk about the midwest. Hopefully this made a good impression
9.gif
. When SO got up to get a drink, VP asked me if "we were serious", lol. I told him our 5th anni was in a few says, to which he replies, "So, do you want me to start putting some pressure on him?" Lol. I appreciate the help, but no thanks. Someone across the tables chimes in, "Oh, you all have been married for 5 years?" *sigh* I can''t even enjoy my food, or dessert because I can''t taste a thing. By the end of the dinner, the drugs are wearing off. My ears are congested, and I am struggling to hear what people are saying to me. SO is looking at me funny, so maybe I said something crazy. I''m very ready to retire. We get back to the room, and turn on the game. We are easily winning, and I curl up in a ball to rest. SO is giving me a hard time about not watching the game.
33.gif
I sometimes wonder what he thinks I mean when I say that I am sick... I mean, when my eyes are watering uncontrollably and I am rolling around uncomfortably with a box of tissues in one hand and trash can that I have literally half filled in 2 hours next to the bed... you would think he''d get the picture.

Anyway, felt like garbage on Sunday too and slept most of the day. SO did better, and made breakfast in bed and dinner too, while I slept pretty much all day. He took care of the dog, since it seemed unlikely that I was going to move. He hovered about and made a fuss about how I was doing, which was a nice change from the previous day. I guess I won''t have to kill him after all.
5.gif

I can only imagine if I dragged him 4 hrs when he was sick, acted like it was no big deal, allowed him to be harrassed by strangers about when we were getting married, made him miss 3/4th of a HUGE football game (our 1st home game of the season), that he would NOT have been a happy camper.

I swear guys are clueless... if he asks me one more time "if I am still sick", I might throw something at him.
28.gif
Seriously.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Yes men are definitely clueless. I''m sorry you are feeling so sick and hope you feel better!

Does he work for a small company? I''m surprised at the amount of people asking if you guys are engaged and the question from the VP.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Fiery,

LOL, the company is all over the country and I think the world too, in construction. The VP was one of many VP''s, so not the top top guy or anything, but either way... I guess after being around company events for 2.5 years, people expect to see SOME progress
2.gif
Honestly, it usually pleases me when other people harass him, because he knows they are right, but since I wasn''t feeling well, I think ANYTHING would have added to my crankiness
1.gif

But I am felling much better today, and after I made dinner, I thanked him for taking care of me yesterday. Then I told him what a bonehead he was on Saturday
27.gif
. We''re back to healthy harassing and having fun
9.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Oh the irony... the sick, sick irony...

SO caught my cold
27.gif

He came home yeserday and passed out. When he woke up to a bowl of ginger chicken soup, he commented, "Man, what [sickness] did you have? I have NO energy." He also fell asleep at work, and went in late today.
24.gif
And he only seems to have it a fraction of my severity, as I was coughing, sneezing, watery eyes and nose, hot and cold flashes, congested ears, etc. He, has the sniffles. That''s it. Just sniffles.
38.gif
Men are SUCH BAIES!
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results