shape
carat
color
clarity

Annie Liebowitz pawns rights to all her work

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
What crazy person said they could wave a magic wand and make it go away? The hole we have dug is far to deep for that! Although I do think people could have used their vote better, and we could be trying to fill that hole right now.
The whole situation is disasterous, and for those that think it isn''t going to get a lot worse before it gets better... Well, they are in for a mighty rude awakening.

Also I wanted to add that I''m not shocked by that article. Living down here in Palm Beach has been interesting over the last couple months with all this Madoff stuff. It really hit PB hard. One of the salesmen at the Mercedes dealership told me that a guy who has been buying cars from them for years picked up us $120k car on Tues*, then Wed the Madoff scandal broke, and on Thursday he sold the car back to them at a loss. (*My days might be off there) And apparently there were a few others who just called and cancelled their orders and lost large deposits. I''ve also hear there is some good stuff over in the antique stores and jewelry stores from everyone scrambling to sell stuff for cash.

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
The 52% or whatever it was who voted for Obama. I understand BDS but some of these people really believed the very act of putting this man in charge would magically make everything better. No wonder he is furiously backpedaling and trying to ratchet down expectations. He didn't know what Bush knew (and while he was criticizing it on the stump). Now he owns this economy and what happens to it.

Got cash?

I'm also looking for jewelry deals.

AllieGator

Shiny_Rock
I don''t think President Obama has anything to do with this...Annie''s problems are a product of the time, and her unfortunate tie in to the Madoff scandal.

It''s really sad when a great artist like Annie''s works must be sold off, just so that she can stay afloat. I sincerely hope that her situation is improved and that she is able to regain her control over her work. I took a couple of classes in intellectual property law (well, music law, but alot of the terminology is the same). Once she loses control over her work, she most likely won''t make any money off of it, and she''ll be stuck in a deeper whole once the money of this sale is gone. What a sad chapter in the life of a great artist.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
And let me tell you, when someone I know voted for Prez O starts complaining, they get a mouthful from me. If you voted for him you better quietly lie in that bed you made for yourself.
11.gif

Cash is King! I''m holding on to it for dear life. LOL Jewels aren''t worth it at this point for me, still enjoying my ER. I''m waiting to scoop up my dreamhome on the water!
31.gif

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
CR: Yep. I have had my eye on a place in Pompano Beach for 3 years now. The developers still are in la la land. Sooner or later I''ll try bidding for it in bankruptcy court.

I also supported Ron Paul in the beginning. He used to be my Congressman.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 9:15:32 AM
Author: tradergirl
CR: Yep. I have had my eye on a place in Pompano Beach for 3 years now. The developers still are in la la land. Sooner or later I''ll try bidding for it in bankruptcy court.

I also supported Ron Paul in the beginning. He used to be my Congressman.
Interesting! Most developers are in la la land! Why Pompano?

Ron is the man, I still get stuff from him. We were given an opportunity to be actually change and people were too scared. Enjoy! LOL
Glad I bought that place out of the counrty, I''ll be long gone! LOL

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
Nothing particular about Pompano, that''s just where it is. It''s a series of ultramodern Euro-style townhouses about 2200 sf. 900K last time I looked. Yeah right.

Out of the country is good. I also have one of those (inherited).

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 9:22:11 AM
Author: tradergirl
Nothing particular about Pompano, that''s just where it is. It''s a series of ultramodern Euro-style townhouses about 2200 sf. 900K last time I looked. Yeah right.

Out of the country is good. I also have one of those (inherited).
HAHA 900k for a townhome! They really don''t get it yet! It''s taking a little more time for the more expensive stuff to come down to earth. There are so many dillusional sellers down here! Everyone thinks what they have is better than what''s next door.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it''s hilarous that all the time the people who were saying, we shouldn''t have invaded Iraq, we shouldn''t be running up this huge deficit, there should be more oversight on all the exotic things Wallstreet was doing, or their entire structure of incentivizing short term gains but nothing for stable longevity, these are somehow the people who now think a "magic wand" will make it all better. Nope.

It is too bad that at least some of this could have been avoided if we had voted in a different president 4 years ago. But what''s done is done. I think most people have a sense of the gravity of the situation. I agree with you on one thing, things will get worst before they get better.

However what do you all think of Obama''s idea of making the budget actually reflect all the things we actually have to budge for, such as war, natural disasters, tax code changes? Or the idea of making it a priority to actually start reducing the deficit rather than letting it balloon? The problem with Obama is that many of his solutions will help in the long term, but may be painful in the short term especially as we have been living in an unsustainable bubble. Will we as a people be patient to work for long term rewards over short term gains. I sure hope for our sakes we can.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results