shape
carat
color
clarity

Ann Taylor Loft News

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
I just heard that Ann Taylor Loft is about to go out of business. I knew that a store nearby was closing but I just assumed it was because of the bad economy and increased rent for retail space. I was w-r-o-n-g. Apparently Ann Taylor Loft is doing the whole chapter 13 deal. Ahhhh!!!
32.gif
(It's my go-to place for my corporate-cubicle-monkey work pants.) Guess I'm using my stockpile of The Loft gift cards this weekend!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
hum, is it only the loft? or ann taylor too?!

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
Apparently, only The Loft

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
do you have a link?
26.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
man, ours pretty much just opened. wow.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i found this link.

"Nationally, the company will close 39 Ann Taylor stores, or 11 percent of its current store count. For Ann Taylor Loft, it will shutter 78 stores, or 16 percent of its current store count."

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Oh shoot!

That is go-to place for basic stuff and it''s just 3 miles up the street.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LegalGal

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 10:16:19 PM
Author: Elmorton
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My thoughts exactly
39.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
what did they have that was so different from Ann Taylor? I do not shop there so I am not sure, can''t existing Ann Taylor''s sell some of their merchandise as long as it fits in with the store?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2008 12:41:51 PM
Author: diamondfan
what did they have that was so different from Ann Taylor? I do not shop there so I am not sure, can''t existing Ann Taylor''s sell some of their merchandise as long as it fits in with the store?
I think they sell a little more casual clothes and a little bit less expensive than the regular Ann Taylor.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
The ATL stuff is more casual, less structured, younger (IMHO) than Ann Taylor, as well as being less expensive.

Oh this makes me so sad. That''s my favorite store and my go to place for long sleeved t-shirts and cute summer tops.

39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
This makes me so so so sad!!! I gotta say though, I love my Ann Taylor Outlet. I wonder if that will be staying in business?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I knew they were in trouble - they closed their HUGE store (it had four stories and the store name was chiseled into the stone on the doorway) in downtown San Francisco...
7.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Well, I can''t say I''m surprised, but I am a little sad. I have an AT problem, they have good basic stuff that holds and they run nice sales. It seems like they email another coupon/promo/sale EVERY DAY since about Christmas. And the customer service has tanked. There was a big to-do in December where they couldn''t keep up with their orders and tons of people didn''t get their orders before the holidays. All of who didn''t get our stuff on time got it for free, plus some extra discounts for future purchases, but the whole thing was a disaster. Since then I''ve had more CS issues than I had in the previous 3 years. I wish them well, I hope they only close a few of the 4 nearest me.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I am a HUGE fan of Loft. I frequent that store. I don''t know what I will do without it. Where will I bargain shop? Hopefully, my local loft will remain open!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 9:24:29 PM
Author: Fancy605
I am a HUGE fan of Loft. I frequent that store. I don''t know what I will do without it. Where will I bargain shop? Hopefully, my local loft will remain open!

Banana and Gap maybe?

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m hopeful that if it''s only 11% of AT and 16% of ATL, there''ll still be some in the area I can go to, even if a few close!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Is there a list yet? Because it''s back-to-school time, and if there are local closings, I need to do some serious shopping!
7.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
23.gif
Aauuuggghhhhh!!!! I just read this......dang, I sure hope we don''t lose our Ann Taylor here. That is one of my favorite stores! Their clothes just fit me so well! Crap!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is a pretty big sale going on. Buy one sale item, get the second one 1/2 off. I got a $60 dress for $10. WOHOO!

And they are giving out the Fall buy $50 worth of clothes and get the $25 off your next purchase card.

So it was totally worth my while. I''ve bought 4 shirts and 2 dresses for about $80.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2008 8:29:22 PM
Author: MC
You all must be joking around. You''re worried about Ann Taylor, when BUILD A BEAR is struggling: http://retail.freedomblogging.com/2008/04/25/high-gas-prices-weighed-in-store-closings-by-build-a-bear/

Imagine not having a place to walk by in the mall where your kids whine to go in and buy yet another stupid bear outfit! lol - not that my kids do that, thank god, but it drives me nuts when I see kids carting around their bear boxes!

LOL! This totally cracked me up! Have you ever heard the commercials for B A B on Radio Disney?

"Kids, tell your mom and dad to take you to build a bear!"

Closely followed by "Mom can we go to Build a Bear today?" (Immediately followed by NO!
29.gif
)

We don''t listen to Radio Disney anymore.(How many times can you hear the same 30 songs played over and over and over and over and over...........)

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
Ok ladies, I wasn''t really aware of ATL before seeing this thread since I don''t have one where I live. But I''m on vacation and I love this store!! I needed some jeans and I got one pair on clearance and the other for the regular price with $20 off... both pairs for less than $40! So I''m hoping to get to the outlets tomorrow and hopefully pick some things up before I go back home!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! NO NO NO
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif

Thats terrible!!!! I love Ann Taylor Loft. Their stuff actually fits me. UUUGH that makes me sick
14.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results