shape
carat
color
clarity

And the verdict is.......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I can hardly believe I''m finally getting my opportunity to post a stone for evaluation. I''d love a thumbs up, or down, from experts and aficionados alike on your reaction to this stone.

RB 1.24 H SI2 (completely eye clean, one visible feather under 10x)
6.99x7.02x4.24
Depth 60.5%
Table 56%
Crown Angle 31.9% (only "out of whack" measurement)
Pavilion 43.5%
Polish/Symmetry both Excellent
No culet
No fluor

HCA 1.2
AGA 1B
AGS 3 (0 on all but crown angle)
BrilliantScope VH-VH-H

Visually, the stone looks beautiful! Lots of fire, which I weigh heavily. A very reputable B&M holds this stone and they''ve been very indulging in performing both the Sarin and BrilliantScope measurements for us as we watched.

Priced very competitively (~$6700 tax included), and I''ll get all the service bells and whistles a B&M can give me. My one lingering concern is the low crown angle at 31.9%. Should this be a concern? Will it adversely affect performance? The price comparison I did was with AGS0 stones, so do I have apples & apples, or apples & oranges?

I''ve critically viewed less than a dozen stones personally, but I''ve been devouring the info posted here on PriceScope, which I found invaluable during the entire process. (It''s also kind of fun to see the "suits" at fancy stores being surprised at the specificity of questions and the base of a layperson''s knowledge.)

Please give me your opinion on this stone. I think my husband might die if I decide to drag him out on another day of diamond shopping!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Which cert does it have ags gia or egl?
Did you run the hca using percentages or angles?
What is the girdle rated at?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Cert. is GIA
HCA was run with angles.
Girdle is thin/medium faceted.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you love it snag it.
Price isnt bad for a b&m and you know the downsides to it so if it speaks to you snag it :}

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Anyone else on the crown angle?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 9/5/2004 6:40:05 AM Upgradable wrote:

Anyone else on the crown angle?----------------

It does not help much to take into account this number alone - it is a combination of crown and pavilion anglea that matters. For the diamond you posted, these two work nicely together and the Bscope seems to confirm it. Sounds like a winner to me
1.gif

But... it would not be entirely ok to compare this price with the H&A's range. Besides, look at this 1.2cts H-SI1 ACA: it comes with a quote of $6700 on PS's search engine too and no excuse H&A.

What is that SI2 grade all about?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
The GIA cert shows four other small feathers from the pavilion view. I could not see them looking top down or pavilion up on the scope (~40x).

It's not being marketed as an H&A (they don't sell "branded" stones), but I could easily see the arrow symmetry when viewing it on the lightbox to see the fire. I actually said outloud "Ooooo, pretty!" and two other customers turned to stare. I think I embarassed hubby, but not like that hasn't happened before!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 9/5/2004 7:25:17 AM Upgradable wrote:

I actually said outloud 'Ooooo, pretty!' and two other customers turned to stare. I think I embarassed hubby, but not like that hasn't happened before!----------------

Sounds like a pretty clear verdict to me
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results