carat
color
clarity

And now it's pink.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ive had the opposite problem
see i also hate pink
im a 70s child, im into orange and lime !
Anyway anyway for some unknown reason i saw these pink flannel sheets and just loved the particular colour
They seemed reasonable quality
I washed them and hung them on the line but it rained for a week
i should have brought them in but i dont like to put them in the dryer incase they shrunk
a week latter the sun had faded them to a wishy washy salmon colour
So i won't buy that band of sheets again
And yes - now i would just take them in and put them reluctantly in the dryer

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two reasons this would not happen to me
I do cold washes
and

i don't wear red ! :lol-2:

But i have had fabric bleed when ive washed it before using it
that made me very angry because im ultra careful
It had green flowers with like dark red wine coloured centres on a white background
I wanted to make a long summery skirt
If i didn't like red before that i have never gone near in since
My last job i spent 14 years in red
That's enough for a lifetime ...and i didn't like red before that

So missy i feel your pain

It was a cold wash. I only wash my cycling clothes on delicate which is cold water. I however love red so yeah this would not have happened if I eschewed red. But I love red. I also love pink. But a pretty pink. Not a wishy washy pink. So far the cycling clothes are still pink but I love my DH because he isn't giving up yet. LOL. We shall see. In the meantime I did end up purchasing another pair of white cycling pants and a different white cycling jersey. Since the original white jersey is no longer available.

I am sorry your pretty green flower fabric was ruined despite your care. As an aside I love long summery skirts.

Yay! Perfect!! I had a dry cleaner in the family at one time ... I am actually the resident stain remover consultant for my people. :lol: Good luck!

I might be calling upon your expertise soon. :bigsmile:

Straight out of college I bought myself a “work wardrobe” - just a couple of skirt suits, blouses and a few dresses. I didn’t spend a lot of money on them and they were all machine washable. I always took care to separate them into lights and darks too. Well, one day I forgot to remove a white dress from the washer and popped in the blacks to wash... and then I had a grey dress. :doh: Couldn’t find the same one again and I really liked the fit, so I continued to wear the same thing for a year or so after...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Straight out of college I bought myself a “work wardrobe” - just a couple of skirt suits, blouses and a few dresses. I didn’t spend a lot of money on them and they were all machine washable. I always took care to separate them into lights and darks too. Well, one day I forgot to remove a white dress from the washer and popped in the blacks to wash... and then I had a grey dress. :doh: Couldn’t find the same one again and I really liked the fit, so I continued to wear the same thing for a year or so after...

No matter how careful we are mistakes happen. When I was younger I’d be pretty upset I made such a goof. But now I let myself have some slack. Mistakes are inevitable but as long as it’s not life or death I am at peace with my mistakes. Tho it was a stupid mistake on my part. I mean red with white. Oy. I clearly wasn’t thinking at that moment. Understandable because I was dripping wet and freezing and wanted to get into a hot shower ASAP.

I love grey (dark, medium, light) and if it was a nice grey I wouldn’t mind wearing it that way. I bet it was still a lovely dress on you @AllAboardTheBlingTrain.

If the cycling clothes were a nice pink I’d suck it up and wear them. But not a nice pink. Not sure Greg’s plan will work but I love him for trying.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH washed a very very fluffy cream cashmere sweater of mine on hot. It fit a teddy bear afterwards and was so felted that it could stand on the table.

"My mom told me whites need to boiled"....

Arghhh...

Hmmm maybe that would work. Thanks for the tip!
Sorry your cashmere sweater was ruined :(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No matter how careful we are mistakes happen. When I was younger I’d be pretty upset I made such a goof. But now I let myself have some slack. Mistakes are inevitable but as long as it’s not life or death I am at peace with my mistakes. Tho it was a stupid mistake on my part. I mean red with white. Oy. I clearly wasn’t thinking at that moment. Understandable because I was dripping wet and freezing and wanted to get into a hot shower ASAP.

I love grey (dark, medium, light) and if it was a nice grey I wouldn’t mind wearing it that way. I bet it was still a lovely dress on you @AllAboardTheBlingTrain.

If the cycling clothes were a nice pink I’d suck it up and wear them. But not a nice pink. Not sure Greg’s plan will work but I love him for trying.

So sweet of you to say, @missy! I found it quite funny back then too, just philosophically shrugged and said oh well, it’s not the worst thing I’ve ever worn. I did the red/white thing with underwear when I was even younger and just wore pink underwear for ages though practically no one was seeing them so it didn’t matter. I could’ve bleached my dress but I didn’t because I had a shared washer/dryer at the time and it seemed more trouble than it was worth. It was a faintly purplish grey which was weird because there were no other color clothes in the machine.

If I was soaking wet and freezing the clothes would be the last thing on my mind as well! So I don’t blame you. Hopefully Greg will be able to work some magic on the clothes :D

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a question. Did clorox stop making powder bleach detergent? My daughter was trying to get something white again and I told her to just get the clorox powder. Couldn't find it anywhere. Is it a thing of the distant past? Oxyclean I think is hydrogen peroxide, and it's quite expensive.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a question. Did clorox stop making powder bleach detergent? My daughter was trying to get something white again and I told her to just get the clorox powder. Couldn't find it anywhere. Is it a thing of the distant past? Oxyclean I think is hydrogen peroxide, and it's quite expensive.

Idk Lyra. I’ll ask Greg. But I just bought more OxyClean and it was not expensive. On Amazon. I can’t link it here from my phone. It might be different in Canada however.

Trying to add the link.

OxiClean White Revive Laundry Whitener + Stain Remover, 3 Pound https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QKIHXCE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_7yUgFbJNVZSNB

I bought this one to see if it helps get my cycling clothes more white and less pink.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry about your pants. Laundry can be very....interesting. My husband, being "helpful" started a load of laundry thatncontainesnhis velcro exercise shorts. He also threw in my new white bikini. The velcro attaches itself all over and my lovely suit was basically ruined.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry about your pants. Laundry can be very....interesting. My husband, being "helpful" started a load of laundry thatncontainesnhis velcro exercise shorts. He also threw in my new white bikini. The velcro attaches itself all over and my lovely suit was basically ruined.

Oy sorry about that. I am the one who makes those kind of mistakes while Greg is the one who fixes them. Think of I Love Lucy. Basically that's me. ::) I am sorry your beautiful suit was ruined.

Along same vein, as a young new Army wife I managed to burn a huge iron hole in his uniform trousers at the last minute just before he needed to go on parade...:shock: We both panicked!

Oh no! What did you do? OMG yeah that would be a panicky moment indeed.

I most certainly hope that taught him a lesson and he did his own ironing after that !

Haha I would think so. We know enough in my household that the iron and I do not mix so yeah Greg does all the ironing. But to be fair I generally don't purchase clothes that need to be ironed. A few years ago I did buy a steamer and it is pretty great in getting wrinkles out.

I asked my DH but he doesn't know, I'm sorry @lyra. But I did some googling and while the powder bleach is out of stock most places I tried online would this be something you could use?

Here it is on the Clorox website. LOL thank you Trump because there was a pop up warning against ingesting bleach. :/

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't allow him to touch my laundry anymore because I like to make sure everything doesn't come out a weird grey-tan color. He washes everything in one tub, with one type of water (hot)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My washer isn't as damaging as my dryer. I've shrunk the hell out of many men's Polo shirts.

When I was a teenager I washed and dried (in a dryer) a wool Irish fisherman's knit sweater. It came out the size to fit a toy doll.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I was a teenager I washed and dried (in a dryer) a wool Irish fisherman's knit sweater. It came out the size to fit a toy doll.

Well that's one way to learn :(2 :mrgreen2:
I get annoyed after i have told Gary im doing a non towel wash and its on the line drying and then he brings out a jersey that now desides it needs washing

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update:
So yesterday I wore the newly pinkish cycling pants and top and gloves. Can you make out the pinkish hue? Greg's not done trying to whiten it to its original bright white color but here it is after the first attempt to restore its color. Hard to see in the pic but it is tinted pink. Below is the original white and above it is the newly pinkish white. You can see the difference in the color with the pic comparison.

Yesterday in my newly pinkish white cycling clothes. Gloves, cycling top and pants originally white got pinked up.
missyinpinkish.png

Same cycling pants and top a few weeks ago.

missyandgregcyclingonjulyfourth.png

We soaked it overnight in the new oxyclean that Amazon delivered yesterday afternoon so fingers crossed it might restore the color a bit better. Either way it is wearable but I prefer the brighter white.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Update:
So yesterday I wore the newly pinkish cycling pants and top and gloves. Can you make out the pinkish hue? Greg's not done trying to whiten it to its original bright white color but here it is after the first attempt to restore its color. Hard to see in the pic but it is tinted pink. Below is the original white and above it is the newly pinkish white. You can see the difference in the color with the pic comparison.

Yesterday in my newly pinkish white cycling clothes. Gloves, cycling top and pants originally white got pinked up.
missyinpinkish.png

We soaked it overnight in the new oxyclean that Amazon delivered yesterday afternoon so fingers crossed it might restore the color a bit better. Either way it is wearable but I prefer the brighter white.

Everything looks beautiful and harmonious to my eyes. The older picture is more bluish and todays one is warmer. Hard to compare them but I imagine that IRL your pinkish pants and top look fantastic.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Update:

missyinpinkish.png

Well its not white
but its not unbearably pink either

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update. It’s still pink ish.
So I’m moving on and now I have a new color cycling outfit. Pinkish. :lol:

I also received my 2 new very bright white spf cycling pants so it’s all good. More variety.

Thanks to all who chimed in- I think the material (of the spf pants, jersey and gloves) just doesn’t let go of the color pigment. Whatever makes it sun protective also holds on to color.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results