shape
carat
color
clarity

And now it's pink.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So we went cycling this morning and though it was not on the radar when we left there was a rainstorm just waiting for us and it was a soaker. After about two hours of it we had enough and headed back. Thoroughly drenched and dirty. I put everything into the wash. Gentle wash all cold. Well unbeknownst to me disaster was right around the corner. I should have known better but in my defense I do about 6 loads of laundry daily. Don't ask why it's not important to this story. And I am laundry exhausted, what can I say? No defense really. I was in a mad rush yes because we were running to Costco so I started the wash quickly, took a shower and left the house.

Just got home and took the wash out of the washing machine and oh no. My red jacket turned my white cycling pants and white cycling jersey PINK. Not the pinkalicious pink we all know and love. No, a pale wishy washy type of pink. Sigh.

Share your "and now it's pink story" please. Not literally pink but you know what I mean. Did you ever experience a similar Oh No I should have known better story?
Make me feel less alone.

And they were such a nice bright white jersey and pair of cycling pants. Sigh.

Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 2.56.09 PM.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH has a very annoying habit of leaving tissues in his pockets, despite me asking whether he’s checked his pockets are empty. On numerous occasions I’ve taken the washing out to find everything is covered in tiny bits of tissue :doh:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The red jacket in question.
We had just stopped to check the radar to see when the rain was going to let up.
We were soaked through and through by that time and each time we checked the radar it said rain was over in an hour. Not. Yet we kept believing and hoping it would end so we could salvage the ride. LOL. We are optimists at heart what can I say?

missycyclingrainstorm.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH has a very annoying habit of leaving tissues in his pockets, despite me asking whether he’s checked his pockets are empty. On numerous occasions I’ve taken the washing out to find everything is covered in tiny bits of tissue :doh:

Haha yes Greg does that too. Not with tissues but with other things. Energy bars do not mix well with water and detergent. :lol:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't own anything white. Things might have been white when purchased but they aren't now and that's all I'm saying.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll buy you new stuff!

Haha no need! But thank you dear Kate the great!
I admit I was about to purchase new white cycling pants because as @Matata wrote nothing stays super white too long. And I just like white in the summer. Somehow it feels cooler.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock

Your husband and mine must be related.... mine also leaves nails, sandpaper, tape and other things in his painting clothes. Wish he would leave money!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks. I just let Greg know what happened and he said leave it to him and he took it downstairs to the other washing machine. We shall see.

An excellent husband :)

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh I did that once. I had this bright red tank top, and even though i washed it by itself in cold water every time after that, the water would be pink. And yet that shirt never faded. Must have been radioactive or something.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I had a steep learning curve as a young housewife. I have always been highly distractible. My husband tries to help me to remember not to burn food by buying a windable kitchen timer. I wound it up and wandered off. It was too close to my pot and I melted it on the stove.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven’t read through the thread yet but wondering did you put them in the dryer already? If so, it’s probably permanent now. Did you wash in hot water? Heat sets stains and color transfer.
I would try soaking in Oxyclean. I love that stuff.
Sorry it happened. :(

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I did something like that by accident. When my husband and i were still dating he gave me this beautiful red scarf. Well we were traveling back home to our state and I used the in suite washer and didnt even think and dumped it in with our clothes. Both mine and my dads turned pink lol. And not even an attractive pink. Luckily he wasn't mad. It's still funny! He wore his pink socks and underwear and didnt care. And I avoid washing that scarf with any other clothes now lol

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:lol: Not a pink, but a shrink story. My DH was trying to be helpful long ago, and decided to wash my beautiful wool handknit Aran sweater because I left it on the blanket chest at the end of the bed one day. The most beautiful pattern I have, to this day, ever found. He chose hot(I thought it was like towels. Hot gets stuff nice and clean, he said...) and then he dried it. On high, directly in the mouth of hell.
It came out a felted miniature, but it fit my then four year old eensy tiny bean DD. She wore it to shreds. I never found that pattern again. I've never let him fully live it down.:lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven’t read through the thread yet but wondering did you put them in the dryer already? If so, it’s probably permanent now. Did you wash in hot water? Heat sets stains and color transfer.
I would try soaking in Oxyclean. I love that stuff.
Sorry it happened. :(

No dryer. Washed only in cold water. Still wet. Greg has them now. I’ll keep you posted. I think Oxyclean is involved. It’s not a big deal but I definitely knew better.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
I cooked vegetable soup and decided to use purple cabbage instead of green. The soup turned deep blue. It was yummy but looked weird and unappetizing :bigsmile:

I should add that later I learned that in order to dye eggs for Easter (according to Slavic Christian tradition) with safe and natural substance, one may boil white eggs in water with added shredded purple cabbage. Here is the picture of my resent Easter eggs boiled with purple cabbage and turmeric powder. I think when I buy my first diamond, I am going to combine shredded cabbage and turmeric powder in one sauce pot and cook the rock till it turns bright green, hopefully :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: 0.jpg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I should add that later I learned that in order to dye eggs for Easter (according to Slavic Christian tradition) with safe and natural substance, one may boil white eggs in water with added shredded purple cabbage. Here is the picture of my resent Easter eggs boiled with purple cabbage and turmeric powder. I think when I buy my first diamond, I am going to combine shredded cabbage and turmeric powder in one sauce pot and cook the rock till it turns bright green, hopefully :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: 0.jpg

I like the natural dyes - very pretty! Just maybe not so much for soup.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No dryer. Washed only in cold water. Still wet. Greg has them now. I’ll keep you posted. I think Oxyclean is involved. It’s not a big deal but I definitely knew better.

Yay! Perfect!! I had a dry cleaner in the family at one time ... I am actually the resident stain remover consultant for my people. :lol: Good luck!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have mixed whites with blacks in the same wash before!

DK :roll2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My washer isn't as damaging as my dryer. I've shrunk the hell out of many men's Polo shirts.

cheers--Sharon

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not long after we were married, DH went to the track, he had a good night, but didn't cash in his tickets. Can you guess what's next?

He never left a winning ticket in his pants pockets again.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

That's the worst !
Esoecially on opening the dryer door :wall:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Two reasons this would not happen to me
I do cold washes
and

i don't wear red ! :lol-2:

But i have had fabric bleed when ive washed it before using it
that made me very angry because im ultra careful
It had green flowers with like dark red wine coloured centres on a white background
I wanted to make a long summery skirt
If i didn't like red before that i have never gone near in since
My last job i spent 14 years in red
That's enough for a lifetime ...and i didn't like red before that

So missy i feel your pain

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I cooked vegetable soup and decided to use purple cabbage instead of green. The soup turned deep blue. It was yummy but looked weird and unappetizing :bigsmile:

Ive had blue slaw using lemon juice in with the red cabbage - i made him eat it regardless !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results