shape
carat
color
clarity

An Engagement Bracelet, Really?

Aurora43

Rough_Rock
A friend of mine has dated her now fiance' for about 5 years. Last month they got engaged and instead of getting her an engagement ring, he gave her an engagement bracelet. It is a lovely white gold diamond tennis bracelet and she wears it with as much pride as she would an engagement ring. She says they only want to wear wedding bands and she did not want an engagement ring. Have I been living under a rock or is this a new thing people are doing now? I have never heard of this before.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am happy for them. It takes a lot to go against tradition. What is cool is that they both are on board. What a great start to a new life together. :appl: I bet the wedding will be fantastic and unique. Keep us posted.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Kudos to the happy couple for choosing something that works for them! :clap: I know someone that chose to propose recently with a bank statement. He had finally saved up enough for them to start shopping for a new home which was what the fiancé wanted more than a ring. Different strokes.... :dance:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I knew that I wouldn't wear a rock, and would wear a tennis bracelet, that would be fabulous to get one. In fact, I would have had no problem at all not wearing a rock. I had my ering for 15 years and it sat in the safe deposit box. If I had a tennis bracelet, I probably would have worn it. Wish I had thought of that.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had I know that I would be getting engaged, and then soon after get a job that involved me working with reams and reams of paper (and thus taking my ring off and putting it in a box in my purse, or just not wearing it to work), I would have ABSOLUTELY been gung ho for an engagement bracelet!

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Knew of someone in the early 1960s who got an engagement watch also lots who got an engagement plain band.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pyramid|1479958846|4102124 said:
Knew of someone in the early 1960s who got an engagement watch also lots who got an engagement plain band.

What a FABULOUS idea. I wore my Rolex a lot more than my e-ring for so many years.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kudos to them.

As the bumper sticker says, "Why be 'normal'?

I love hearing about people who have conquered fear and feel free to not obey the rigid conventions of society. :appl: 333

Wombats

Shiny_Rock
A friend is a surgeon. She got a stunning engagement necklace. She rarely wears and didn't want a ring. Why not do what works for you!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's just a really really big ring, so big in fact that it needs to be worn over the wrist. I think it's a fabulous idea and very glamorous to boot.

Aurora43

Rough_Rock
I do agree it is a great idea to be very unique. Seems like it makes your engagement even more special. I just had never heard of anyone getting engaged any other way than by giving their lady a ring. To me this would also be another way to avoid having nosey people ask if you have set a date yet because they might not know you are wearing an engagement bracelet.

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
If that's what the couple agreed upon, why not. When my mom and dad got engaged, they didn't have much money and couldn't afford a diamond. Mom got a gold watch instead of an engagement ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results