shape
carat
color
clarity

Amora Eternity or AV Hearts and Arrows?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of getting a hearts and arrow moissanite and wondering if there is a clear winner between the Amora eternity and the AV? I have read all the threads so I know this has been asked before but I just can't make up my mind between the two.

TIA!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of getting a hearts and arrow moissanite and wondering if there is a clear winner between the Amora eternity and the AV? I have read all the threads so I know this has been asked before but I just can't make up my mind between the two.

TIA!
The AV is amazing and wonderful. The amora has been inconsistent And IMHO the CEO is dishonest and unpleasant. I had an earlier version of the amora that I really didn't like, but never compared it to the AV. But I'd go with the av all day

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock

TIA!

I believe I also read that they’re phasing out the Amora and focusing on the Takara lab diamonds. Maybe it was just for the 1 carat range stones, but I can see them doing away with them altogether in the future. Their website is clunky, but if you go to their restock page it usually has good info, as does their talk.jewelry forum.

FWIW, I think their CEO (Less) is quite off putting as well. I’d choose Jonathan to work with aaaaaallllllll day over him. IMO the cut of the AV is superior and absolutely without a doubt the customer service can’t be beat.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
https://betterthandiamond.com/pages/Amora-Gem-Restocking-Schedule.html

Another thing to note is their stock is so sporadic that it could take months upon months to even have the size/color/clarity combo you’re wanting. If ever! They no longer accept custom orders and near colorless is rare in an Amora, which is what I prefer, so I gave up even checking their stock. With AV, you can just place an order, choose the color you want and it’ll be on your doorstep in a handful of weeks. No waiting, no runaround. Can’t beat that!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for weighing in ladies! There is a ring on DB right now that I am lusting over and has an AV H&A but the setting has diamonds on the band and it and has already been resized once from 8-6, I would need it sized back up...sad. I'll probably keep an eye out on LT or DB for one first before ordering one.

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
Hi.. I can only share my experience and it was with the Amora Ultra. I have a set of stud earrings that I purchased around five years ago and they are still perfect and gorgeous. I have also had several interactions with the CEO and he was great but again this was my experience and quite a few years ago. I did have to return a few pieces and it was easy and no hassle. All that being said however, the AV is insanely gorgeous and I would grab one in a heartbeat if I could:). Good luck!

AK29

Shiny_Rock

TIA!

@StephanieLynn I just got my AV and had it set and I have to say I LOVE it. I havent seen the latest Amora in person but I got the AV based on advice from other PSers. I felt that of all the videos and pics Ive seen, the AV just seemed a bit crisper than the amora. Heres a pic of my 3ct AV set- very mirror-like it in its reflection and almost no hint of double refraction most of the time. Comparable in color to my diamond band below it

Attachments

• IMG_1220.jpg
    IMG_1220.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 189
Reactions: BMI

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow beautiful ring @AK29 that right there is a great testimonial.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! Looking forward to seeing which stone you end up with :)

It's going to be a little bit because I'm working on saving up to reset a spinel I have. Trying to stay focused on that now.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results