shape
carat
color
clarity

Amazing JMD 5 stone with Crafted by Infinity via Wink-video!

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Here it is. My long awaited custom ring. Five 30 point colorless high clarity diamonds by Crafted by Infinity provided by my dear friend of many years, Wink Jones. :)

As my journey to configure the ring I wanted to wear evolved, I was led back to the amazing Joel E. McFadden of Joel McFadden Designs (JMD). He was introduced to me a number of years ago by a mutual friend.

Joel is a stellar bench jeweler/engineer/teacher to other bench jewelers/former column writer for InStore magazine and was a judge of bench jewelry competitions for years. His accomplishments are much greater than that---some bound by confidentiality, some for the public. It is long past time that this industry secret became known to the rest of us!

Joel, along with his wife Jen, worked with me to design the ring I wanted. The design went from a plain U prong to something very different! Joel took my ideas and requests and engineered them and then executed them to perfection.

This platinum ring contains a lacy sort of low halo consisting of 1.5 mm precision cut round stones that are in a cut-down style setting. The diamonds are also 3/4 around in a split shank with a highly polished European Shank at the bottom. Ring is a size 4. It is a touch big when my hands are cold.

The scrollwork is actually made into infinity signs as my fiance and I like the symbolism and I put those in the engraving of his wedding band as well. The fettish stones/surprise diamonds and infinity scrollwork are on both sides of the ring.

The brilliance, scintillation and dispersion that comes from this ring is absolutely blinding! If only I had the set-up to really capture it! It is insane!!!!!

Here are some pics-not so great ones are from my camera phone and an awesome video showing part of how a truly excellent, super high polish (including the seats under the stones) ring is created and some more photos taken by Jen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gCaQh2eulA Open in full screen and enjoy to the end!

10661922_10152686652969785_7434602080856079408_0.jpg

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Re: Amazing JMD 5 stone with Crafted by Infinity via Wink-vi

:love: :clap:
Gorgeous! I love it! How about a hand shot?

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock

I don't have good shots but you know I tried. I will have to keep trying, especially in the sunlight. :bigsmile:

img_5445.jpg

img_5447.jpg

img_5448.jpg

img_5451.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Absolutely gorgeous!! :love: So blingy and eye-catching, it must sparkle like mad! Enjoy it and congratulations! :appl:

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you!
Don't let the photos taken in yellow light fool you
I am blown away by the super white brilliance, the amazing scintillation and the crazy dispersion from every one of these stones! That's a lot of facets throwing color.
I actually prefer it to a 2 carat stone--and I had the best!
I am going to put a very fine platinum wedding band next to it. JMD will choose something that is just the right height so as not to rub the girdles of the cut down melee. It is a very substantial ring and seems totally appropriate! I am surprised and thrilled that I could turn a 5 stone into an "engagement/wedding" ring and be so happy with it.
I love to design! :)
It is fun to design with Joel and he even lets some customers help make their own bands. Pretty cool!
Thank you Joel and Jen!

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock

pics from JMD

dewdrops.jpg

allison_5_stone.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congrats, cool video too!!!! I bet it is amazing in the sunlight - you would need sunglasses!!! I think we need a fire and sparkle pic some time soon....

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock

You may need to settle for the ones I have because I don't have a good camera or set-up. Maybe if I get to Long Island or someone in NY will take photos for me, I can post them.

Thanks for your kind comments. It is so cool to have helped start this site in 2000 and to see it rocking along. :clap:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh, it looks fabulous on your hand! You have beautiful long fingers to show off this beauty! Congratulations on a beautiful ring!

Yes, PS still endures. I joined here in 2005 and remember you from way back when. So happy that you have a gorgeous new ring to post!

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks!

I remember you too MissGotRocks! I have been without a ring on that finger since 2003 or so. It is about time! :)

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I love your ring. It's amazing :appl:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow! Bling a ding ding! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous! Talk about finger coverage. :love:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock

arkieb1|1409787576|3744361 said:
Congrats, cool video too!!!! I bet it is amazing in the sunlight - you would need sunglasses!!! I think we need a fire and sparkle pic some time soon....

I agree- a sunlight sparkle video would be great!

I totally enjoyed the video- cool. Makes me wish my hobby was setting diamonds instead of kid crafts or crochet, haha. How satisfying you have a great time designing and bringing those designs into fruition! Enjoy that beautiful ring- I bet its a firecracker like no other!

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock

I am ready to design with a pro.

So, I will give making a sparkle video a shot. Can I upload that here?

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock

aahhhhh- gorgeous! The ring reminds me of a big bouquet of flowers. It has substance but is 'frilly' and feminine at the same time. So fun, and it looks great on your thin fingers. Congrats!

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock

Apacherose -thanks for the kind words and excellent visual analogy!
Frilly and feminine while being substantial was exactly what I was going for!!

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock

I see everyone staring at my ring every where I go and those who finally comment say that they are blown away by the diamonds in my ring. Cut is truly king!!!!

Thanks again to Wink Jones and Crafted By Infinity. Thanks also to Joel McFadden who truly did justice to these amazing diamonds and showed them off so beautifully. The way he set them was incredible. The stones are perfectly set on exactly the right angles to maximize the play of light from each diamond. Attention to detail in every way...... :clap:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, what a stunning ring! :love: Congrats to you!!! I remember you from my early days here, too!

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you diamondseeker. I feel very lucky to have this ring shooting off non-stop fireworks.
For those of us who love these babies so much, you know how much joy we get being blinded by all those flashes of intense color. It is my ultimate work of art, toy, hobby, pleasure. (At least for a "thing")

I cannot say enough about going true custom with such a highly skilled engineer/artist/bench expert. It truly makes all the difference in the world. I am continually blown away and I have been privileged to see a lot of the world's most incredible eye candy and to handle it. That says a whole lot. If these stones were not angled just right, if they did not have polished seats and such high polish on the platinum, prongs in the right places, excellent cut-down micro pave done by hand, etc. it would never do what it does. The chances that I will lose melee is very small and if it happens it will be replaced for free with no questions asked.

Most jewelers making you a ring start with a standard CAD and maybe make a few tweaks. Many say they are using precision cut/ideal cut melee but they are not and few take the extra polishing time.

Go for Fabulous! Don't settle.
Carry On And Soarkle On My Felliw Diamond Lovers!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

beautiful congrats :wavey:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock