shape
carat
color
clarity

Am I the only one?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Ok so I am wondering if other PSers have had this issue before? I really like chunky watches and I normally wear them on my left wrist. Now that I have the JM 1345 I worry that my watch will detract from my ring and make it look smaller. Am I a little too worried about this? Sometime I wear my watch on my right wrist to avoid this issue but it just isn''t comfortable. I just bought an Emporio Armani bracelet watch and I really love it but I still worry that it is too big. Does anyone else have these worries?
Here is the watch:
http://store.emporioarmaniwatches.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=33052&catalogId=21502&categoryId=226549&parent_category_rn=226545&productId=22089178&departmentId=&imagePath=AR5734

lil425

Shiny_Rock
Blackberry -

Sorry to go off topic, but I love your James Meyer ring - can you tell me the model name/number of it? Is the diamond set high or low? I have a 91 point RB that I would like to reset - is your stone a RB.

Thanks!!!

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/10/2010 7:57:49 PM
Author:blackberry16
Ok so I am wondering if other PSers have had this issue before? I really like chunky watches and I normally wear them on my left wrist. Now that I have the JM 1345 I worry that my watch will detract from my ring and make it look smaller. Am I a little too worried about this? Sometime I wear my watch on my right wrist to avoid this issue but it just isn''t comfortable. I just bought an Emporio Armani bracelet watch and I really love it but I still worry that it is too big. Does anyone else have these worries?

Here is the watch:

http://store.emporioarmaniwatches.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=33052&catalogId=21502&categoryId=226549&parent_category_rn=226545&productId=22089178&departmentId=&imagePath=AR5734

I never considered that. I currently don''t wear a watch but the Cartier Women''s Roadster in S/S is on my first anniversary wish list...I have tried it on several times and I didn''t think it made my rings look small. It is a pretty chunky watch too! My advice is not to worry about it and focus on your beauties! Enjoy!!!

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/10/2010 8:00:32 PM
Author: lil425
Blackberry -

Sorry to go off topic, but I love your James Meyer ring - can you tell me the model name/number of it? Is the diamond set high or low? I have a 91 point RB that I would like to reset - is your stone a RB.

Thanks!!!

NP Lil425. My ring is a James Meyer style #1345. Check out my thread here.

It does look like it sits very high but IRL it is not that high. My diamond is a RB and is 1.1 cts. The thread above shows the original setting and the same stone in the new setting. Take a look at James Meyer''s website to see some of his work. The setting I have is $1800 in platinum and $1200 in unplated white gold. You might also search his name on this forum b/c there are several threads dedicated to his work. Let me know if you have any other questions, I am happy to help.

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Ok sorry here is the watch again. It didn''t work the first time:

AR5734_main.jpeg

AR5734_main.jpeg

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/10/2010 8:11:06 PM
Author: fsu1227

Here is the watch:

I never considered that. I currently don''t wear a watch but the Cartier Women''s Roadster in S/S is on my first anniversary wish list...I have tried it on several times and I didn''t think it made my rings look small. It is a pretty chunky watch too! My advice is not to worry about it and focus on your beauties! Enjoy!!!

Thanks! Ohh Cartier, yummy!

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think a watch like that will detract from your e-ring. In fact, an eye-catching watch will just draw attention to your left hand and people will notice your ering more!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Nope, your not the only one worrying about the watch vs ring dynamic.

My issue is I really like things to be coordinated. Actually, my sanity and happyness is significantly compramised if I don''t feel what I''m wearing is well put together and coordinated. I worry that once i get to wear my e-ring it wil be lost next to my watch and won''t "go with it" as my watch has a black leather strap wich looks a bit overwhelming next to my delecate looking e-ring. I don;t want to stop wearing the watch because I like it and it was a 21st gift from my best friend, but I don''t think I can handle is not going with my ring. It would bother me far too much.

Yes, I am awear I sound like a nut job here. I am also awear that I am lucky to have found a man who wants to marry me despite me being a nutter.

Also, love your watch! Yum!
18.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I totally think about this. My watch right now is a simple Kenneth Cole in stainless, but it is a slightly larger watch for a woman. I plan in the future to get a smaller watch perhaps with some bling, but smaller to keep the jewelry attention on the main attraction.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I wear a very large watch - actually it''s a man''s one, and I''ve never thought of this!
I would like a smaller, more delicate watch for more formal occasions but haven''t decided which one to get yet.

I wear my watch everyday regardless whether I have my ering, JM or anni ring..
But than again, aside from tyhe obvious coordination of outfits/shoes/accessories, I''m not a big matchy person with jewellery at all.

DrJuju

Rough_Rock

Here is the watch:

I have the exact same issue and now wear my watches on my other wrist!
2.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Yep, me too
2.gif
I had been wearing a two tone Rolex for many years. When I upgraded my wedding rings to platinum, I didn't like the way my watch looked with my rings. I bought an Omega constellation with a SS band, diamond bezel and MOP face. They look beautiful together! I wear my watch all of the time and I'm very happy that I made this change.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Pic of my Omega...

<-------pic of e-ring

015 face abcd.jpg

So Excited

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/10/2010 9:28:14 PM
Author: Gleam
I don''t think a watch like that will detract from your e-ring. In fact, an eye-catching watch will just draw attention to your left hand and people will notice your ering more!
I agree with Gleam, go for it on the left wrist.
emsmile.gif

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Thanks Gleam, I had never thought of it that way.

mariel

Shiny_Rock

Ditto, I have this ceramic techno, it''s huge and draws a lot of attention then people notice my ring and oogle that instead :) I love the attention I must admit
31.gif
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results