shape
carat
color
clarity

am i crazy!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JandJ

Rough_Rock
...okay... so i *think* im going nuts... i need help!

so i have never really worn jewelry... and before now, never really paid any attention to any one who did... when my fiance and i decided to get engaged, i told him in no uncertain terms i didn''t need a ring... and i MEANT IT! it''s so funny now that it is one of the most precious things in my life, LOL!!!

anyways, he got me a gorgeous cushion cut diamond in the exact setting i wanted (whiteflash legato micropave). before i had my ring, i never liked the halo look (please don''t stone me!)... i always liked clean and somplistic lines... but now after many many months of wear (we''re getting married this friday!!!!!) i am starting to envy halo looks, and am entertaining the idea of having my diamond reset....

...i cant get it out of my mind... i really want to do this now, even if it is sort of sudden... any ideas/thoughts? any converts out there, either way? would love to hear your input!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
LOL! I told my fiance years ago I didn''t want a ring for my proposal either, just a trampoline in my backyard since my parents never let me have one. Funny how things change, now I''m so obsessed that I''m having the diamond I picked out in the first place recut to more perfect standards! Sometimes we say things we just don''t mean!!
17.gif

Anyway if you are anything like me-- which it sounds a little like you are
2.gif
, you probably won''t let it go for a while. Go to as many jewelry stores as you can get to and try on as many settings as you can. You may decide your first decision was right after seeing other things on your hand, or you may find the dream setting you can''t live without. And do you have a wedding band yet, or is that part of the reason you''re trying to decide before the wedding? You better hurry if that''s the case! Happy shopping and let us know what you decide!

TopSecret

Rough_Rock
yes, IMO, you''re crazy.
9.gif

you''re not even married yet. save your money.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Lots of people around here change their mind pretty soon after getting a ring (and let''s not forget about DSS!). I wouldn''t call you crazy for it, but make sure you really evaluate things before you decide. Try on some halo rings on at a jeweler to see if the look is good on your finger. You seem to love the setting you have now. Could this be just a passing fad for you, and you''ll end up regretting the change? And seeing as how you''re just getting married and probably spending a decent amount of money on the wedding, perhaps looking at houses, who knows...just make sure it''s something you can comfortably afford. Don''t go into debt over a reset! Finally, how big is your center stone and your ring size? I think halos are best used with smaller stones; an ornate setting with a huge center stone can look a bit gaudy and fake, especially on a smaller finger. This is just my opinion though!

wse

Rough_Rock
i would say go for it!

you should be 100% happy with your ring and if you feel like you want a halo, go for it! today my fiance told me something that made me happy, she asked - how could you ever upgrade this ring or why would you?

i think that you should have that same feeling!

JandJ

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/4/2008 6:03:27 PM
Author: Kelli
LOL! I told my fiance years ago I didn''t want a ring for my proposal either, just a trampoline in my backyard since my parents never let me have one. Funny how things change, now I''m so obsessed that I''m having the diamond I picked out in the first place recut to more perfect standards! Sometimes we say things we just don''t mean!!
17.gif

OMG, too funny!! hehe, its funny how things you wholeheartedly mean at one point can be so contrary to what you mean at another!!
31.gif

JandJ

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/4/2008 9:15:06 PM
Author: TopSecret
yes, IMO, you''re crazy.
9.gif

you''re not even married yet. save your money.

7.gif
i fear you''re right... but that''s the beauty of this forum... ability to vent about craziness and it doesn''t cost a dime!!
19.gif

JandJ

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/4/2008 9:35:37 PM
Author: jstarfireb
Lots of people around here change their mind pretty soon after getting a ring (and let''s not forget about DSS!). I wouldn''t call you crazy for it, but make sure you really evaluate things before you decide. Try on some halo rings on at a jeweler to see if the look is good on your finger. You seem to love the setting you have now. Could this be just a passing fad for you, and you''ll end up regretting the change? And seeing as how you''re just getting married and probably spending a decent amount of money on the wedding, perhaps looking at houses, who knows...just make sure it''s something you can comfortably afford. Don''t go into debt over a reset! Finally, how big is your center stone and your ring size? I think halos are best used with smaller stones; an ornate setting with a huge center stone can look a bit gaudy and fake, especially on a smaller finger. This is just my opinion though!

you know, you bring up great points... the most spot on is that i truly dont know if this is a passing fancy or not... like i said, this is sort of a new feeling for me in terms of "loving" the halo-look... but its come on strong!!
30.gif
money is not really an issue as we just bought our first house a few months ago, and we''re eloping so we have a little "cush" in terms of putting the money towards the *real* important stuff.... ie: not table linens, JEWELRY!!
36.gif

JandJ

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/4/2008 9:43:48 PM
Author: wse
i would say go for it!

you should be 100% happy with your ring and if you feel like you want a halo, go for it! today my fiance told me something that made me happy, she asked - how could you ever upgrade this ring or why would you?

i think that you should have that same feeling!

3.gif
would you kill me to know that practically the same words spilled out of my mouth??! and i meant it! its just so weird how over time stuff can change, how things can look different... but don''t get me wrong though, i love my diamond!! and my ring too!! just thinkin bout a change...
33.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
jandJ- i don''t think there is anything wrong with wanting a change, but I would suggest you wait a little while before you do. At least get though you wedding and settled into marriage. What does your FI think? Would his feelings be hurt if you changed? have you mentioned any of this to him? I would also suggest going and buying some type of costume halo ring and wear it around to see if you really would like to reset your stone b/c your spend the money doing so. If you spend any amount of time on this forum the grass can always seem greener, so just my suggestion would be to take a little time and be sure, then if in a few months youu still want to change, go for it. I happen to LOVE cushions in halo settings
2.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I like the costume jewelry halo idea too. That could really help you make up your mind. I loved my setting, then decided I wanted the eight prong tacori solitaire even though I knew I could never afford it. I went and tried it on at a B&M and it just didn''t do it for me like my plain old stuller. Nor did the band that was made to go with it. Try stuff on or get a cheap fakie to sample before you make up your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results