shape
carat
color
clarity

Am I a troll if I gave you my honest opinion?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A member on a watch forum posted a $10k watch. He asked the Q ...what do you guys think about my watch?, so I gave him my honest opinion. They call me a troll and then I was banned for one week... :wacko:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No you aren't a troll, but there is the golden rule my Irish mom always said to me DF and I do try to follow it: "Tekate if you can't say something nice to someone, don't say anything at all". I would think the site has a rule about negative posting.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you telling us this just to cultivate a 'bad boy' perception that the ladies apparently like, @Dancing Fire? ;-)

:lol:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
How bad could it be!?

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're not a troll. Maybe that forum has different expectations. People on Rocky Talk usually want the honest truth, in SMTB it's more appreciated that you say something nice, obviously.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you don't want to hear the awful truth, don't ask for it!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Why do I get the feeling there's more to this story? :p

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not rude, just brutally honest. :roll2::mrgreen2:

I have learnt the virtue of not to say anything if I have nothing good to say about something.

If I am asked for an opinion, I would ask if that person can handle what I would say as I shan't hold back.

Being diplomatic is not my strong point.

I would like to believe being honest and direct are good personality traits to have.

DK :))

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you dish it with a side of smart@$$ery? :lol::lol::lol:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No I don't see giving someone an opinion that they asked for being a 'troll' - they must have totally different ideas about the term troll. Stay away for two weeks and leave them all wondering. . .

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How bad could it be!?
I said... $10K?? ..I wouldn't paid $10 bucks for that piece of rust. The watch bezel is made from a piece of rust from the Titanic... :knockout:

Here is the shitty looking watch! ...:knockout::knockout: The brand is call Romain Jerome. All their watches look like SHIT!

watch-romain-jerome-titanic-dna-386441-large-1.jpg

Some people are sensitive about the watch made from parts of a mass grave. Another member replied and he asked the Q ...would you paid $10k for a watch that was made from parts of the USS Arizona?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, it certainly isn't an attractive watch. Even bragging rights about the Titanic wouldn't get 10k out of me! However, to each his own I suppose!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh yeah agreed, :eek2: something really off about using parts of the Titanic for a watch! You are right in a sense, it's a grave site now so should be respected as such.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Dancing Fire, please accept my genuine gratitude for far exceeding my darnest dreams!

,)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think that watch is in bad taste but that's the time we're living in
i belong to another online community quite different to this one
and @Dancing Fire i don't think you are a troll
i always find the bad boys terribly funny and get a bit upset when they get slapped with tempoary bans

you all seem so polite and respectful here

the only little tiffs ive seen id put down to a cultural misunderstanding but i always think these are also good opportunities to learn as online communities bridge the gap between nations
not having seen the watch thread i fell i shoudnt comment but from what you have said it doesn't seem all that awful - your comment (as opposed to the watch)
but i would not have said it
Don't risk a ban
laughs are thin and far between in this world

i once had my own personal troll for a couple of years - it drove everyone else mad
then one day we just became friends and i look back now and it all seems funny

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would have said dude, you clearly have way too much money if you are willing to fork out 10K to buy ugly sh#* like that. So I probably would have been banned too.:shifty:

And after my ban was lifted I would henceforth refer to the guy as the dude with the 10K poop bezel watch....

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lol

RJ has done some cool stuff previously - I think they did a watch made with moon rock before? - but the Titanic thing was a step too far for me too, even if the tech to 'freeze' the rust as-is is clever.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honest opinion necessary in Rocky Talk. Gushing only in SMTB. Depends where one is asking. Also there is a way to say something that is kind and appropriate and a not so kind way to say something. Why not deliver the news kindly when appropriate. IMO a little kindness goes a long way. It's not always what you say but how you say it. ::)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honest opinion necessary in Rocky Talk. Gushing only in SMTB. Depends where one is asking. Also there is a way to say something that is kind and appropriate and a not so kind way to say something. Why not deliver the news kindly when appropriate. IMO a little kindness goes a long way. It's not always what you say but how you say it. ::)
your right about the kindness missy
its a commodity this world is severely lacking yet it costs nothing more than 3 or 4 words
and it can be the diffetence of lifting a complete stranger's day because you never know what someone else's day is like

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Dancing Fire I couldn't decide. If you intend a gift, cash is better.

Reactions: BMI

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No DF you are not a troll. People should never ask a question if they really don’t want to hear an honest answer.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think that makes you a troll.
I am always surprised when I see something in the news that some celebrity responds to a comment that someone made on their instagram page and they are labeled 'a troll'. They are a 'troll' because they made a comment about something that the person didn't like. Isn't that why celebrities have instagram accounts-public attention? In reality all they want is for people to give them positive attention but I don't think you can have it both ways.
In this case, if you ask for opinions you should expect varying opinions.
If I don't like something, I usually don't say anything, but I know watches are your favorite thing, so that would be hard to do when you see something like that.
It wouldn't appeal to me either. For any reason. Ever.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Well, they did ask for an opinion. unless the poster did say, be kind.. LOL

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know your history on that forum and if it contributed to the ban, but in your defense it was an honest opinion as requested.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have got say DF, I think it looks like that bezel is made from a dog turd.

But.., BUT! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder & each to their own. Whilst I agree with you, I wouldn't be so forthright with my opinion knowing how much the person has paid for it, and how much they really like it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results