shape
carat
color
clarity

Alternative wedding band for summer?

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone where a thinner wedding band in the summer? I currently live in Hawaii and it's been a lot more hot and humid lately, and my legacy band paired with me Vatche Grace seem like a tight fit lately. I bought a thinner 2mm plain platinum band today in hopes that it will be more comfortable for the summer. Does anyone else do this?

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes! I have a band that is a little more forgiving for the summer when my hands swell due to heat. I wear that when my other is less comfortable. It's still blingy and sentimental!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh its so humid here ive taken to wearing my Tiffany twist and cartier trinity together and my e ring on my ring hand because my fingers are just too puffy!!

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock
i put my rings on the other morning and I was like what the heck happened lol.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fingers swelling in the summer heat. Rather than a narrower band, you might want to try a ring in a size bigger than you usually wear. If just a narrower band in the same size, you'll still have to try to get it over a finger that is bigger during the next few months than it is the rest of the year.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mary poppins|1432572123|3880987 said:
Fingers swelling in the summer heat. Rather than a narrower band, you might want to try a ring in a size bigger than you usually wear. If just a narrower band in the same size, you'll still have to try to get it over a finger that is bigger during the next few months than it is the rest of the year.

Both are good options, actually. In general a thinner band will fit a bigger finger compared to a wider band of the same ring size.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My hands also swell in the heat and humidity. There are a few days a year I just don't bother to wear my rings as I'm more comfortable not wearing one.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I live in Florida and swelling is a given. I have a plain Tiffany platinum band I wear that is a half size larger.

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Mary poppins I ordered a half size bigger :)

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm trying to talk my DH into letting me have a summer set of rings and a winter set because my finger size is so different depending on the season. No luck yet. :nono:

When we bought my rings Grace talked me into sizing up slightly since I'm stacking and that was great advice!

usnwife

Rough_Rock
I just sent my rings off to be sized up. I guess if my fingers shrink in the winter, I will be forced to stack bands. :Up_to_something:

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock
I like the idea of a summer set :naughty:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Candygrl|1432757833|3881935 said:
Mary poppins I ordered a half size bigger :)

I hope the new size summer bling works out well for you!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
I think it absolutely makes sense to have a different band for the summer.

My fingers swell in humid weather. Where I live, it is humid and hot 8 months out of the year so my rings are sized to accommodate the swelling since that is their general state. When I lived in the tri-state area my rings were a bit loose and 1/4 size smaller. During the few months where it is not humid and hot where I live now, I add another smaller sized ring to the front of my e-ring set if my rings are super loose.

With that being said, I have often thought about having WF make me a 4 mm platinum scattered band with 3 pointer ACAs for active days. My boys have swim lessons 4 X a week and I am in the water with them and participating in the lessons. We also plan to go to the beach more often this year since it is easier to travel with the boys and they really enjoy it. I don't wear my wedding set while participating in these activities and wear a plain band or one of my thin stackers in its place, but would like something that I absolutely love wearing during these times.

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Crystal that sounds like a great idea! Make sure you post a picture if you decide to go that route. I'm thinking I need a new eternity band in my near future. Hubs might disagree though ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results