shape
carat
color
clarity

Alterations

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry if this is a repeat but could not find a similar thread on here. How many of you had issues with alterations? I am asking because my dress just arrived in and although I am not going to have fittings until the Spring, I am worried about losing too much weight. I ordered a 10 at the advice of the shop but I keep thinking I should have ordered the 8. It was my hips that bumped me up to the 10 size but with my other measurements I should have been a 6-8. Anyway, I decided to so some searching of my bridal shop online and it was NOT a good idea- There were 5 revlews saying that customers had issues with alterations. Poorly sewn straps, taking the dress in, etc. The reason I am so concerned about changing sizes is that my dress has tons of beading/detail that will have to be undone to take it in lots on the sides
7.gif
I just wish I had never looked at those reviews
39.gif
Now I am paranoid that if I lose too much wt. and get into the shape I will want to be in my dress will be a disaster.

Any of you have complex alterations with happy endings? How much did you have taken in?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
It really depends on the dress and the skill of the seamstress. Are alterations included? If not, why take it to a shop that you think might do a poor job? I''d find another seamstress instead, no need to have a bridal shop do it if they won''t do a good job.

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks neatfreak. I agree I don''t want to take it to them if they will do a poor job but it may be hard to find another skilled tailor. Alterations are not included so I do have the freedom to take it anywhere if I need to.

I forgot to add in the original post that my dress is in Seattle and I am in Boston. I won''t even get to try it on until December!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results