shape
carat
color
clarity

allstate insurance for lost diamond ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vslover

Shiny_Rock
anyone dealt with them? how quickly was the claim processed and were you given the full appraisal amount towards a new ring? TIA!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used them and no, they will not give the full appraisel amount, unless their policy has changed since we were with them. they have a replace with like kind policy and they have their own suppliers who can replace for much less than your appraisal and what you paid, unless your appraisel was one of the few that weren't overinflated. we insured my ring for 8K, the appraisel amount. when I had a claim, i got a check for $5400, what they could replace my ring for. one of the only reasons i got a check was b/c I had an old stone that they couldn't find a replacement for so they offered to cash me out at the $5400. they did have a check in the mail to me the next day after i decided to cash out and the process was very easy and smooth. they just don't offer a cash out policy like chubb. Laney also had a claim with allstate and b/c here appraisel had so many details, they could not find a suitable replacement for her and she was able to get a cash out as well. you can read her story here, and overall she was very happy with their service too.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-i-broke-my-diamond.30949/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results