shape
carat
color
clarity

Alj

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lil425

Shiny_Rock
I believe what you said about my stone is correct - the plotting diagram looks way too clean for the stone to have an SI1 clarity. If there are many clouds in the stone that would look very grave if plotted, does that mean that these clouds do not have too much on an impact on the performance of the stone?

It is half of a set of earrings and looks very similar to the other which did not have a comment like this on the AGS cert.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Lil, you can't really use the plotted diagram to tell you if the stone will be eyeclean or not. How clean (or not) the plot is doesn't necessarily translate to being eye-clean or not.

I recall one stone about 3 years ago that had a plot that looked like a paintball victim - just the messiest looking plot I think I've ever seen. The stone, however, was quite beautiful in person and eyeclean as well.

The purpose of the plot is just to map where the inclusions are; it doesn't translate to how the diamond will appear in real life. The notations in no way mean that you should expect the stone to look "grave". I'd be even less concerned knowing that the stone in part of a set of earrings; rules of personal space hopefully dictate that no one will be THAT close to your head. Also, earrings tend to get far close up scrutiny than engagement rings do.

As long as you're working with a vendor that has a generous refund/return policy, there's no need for concern. Bring the stone in, see if you like it in real life, and return it if it doesn't speak to you.

For what it's worth, my engagement diamond (SI-2) also had the notation "additional clouds not shown" and it's totally eyeclean. Even rabid eagle-eyed PSers haven't been able to discern the clouds.
2.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
clouds are rarely eye visible but they can impact brilliance but they are supposed to get an si2 grade if they do.
I would not buy a diamond whose clarity was based on clouds unless I could have a trusted expert look over it for me first or see it myself before buying it.
If it isn''t visible and has no impact on performance it is a non-issue but the only way to tell is an in person inspection preferably by an expert.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I found the other thread and see you already own the diamond.
If your worried about it take it to an independent appraiser.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results