shape
carat
color
clarity

Alcoholic - and not - drinks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread is prompted by my promise to post a fabulous margarita recipe.

1 blenderful = 45 oz

6 oz tequila - not the aged "sipping" kind. A 100% agave silver label is best for these
3 oz Grand Marnier
3 oz Cointreau
12 oz of a good sweet and sour mix
12-13 icecubes (my friend''s are from an ice maker so they are those crescent shaped ones. Adjust according to the size of your ice cubes - remember, we ain''t baking cakes here - the point is to become "happy")
8 oz Corona

Put all but the Corona in a blender. Blend. Add the Corona with just a tiny whirl or 2 right before serving.
Serve the usual way, limed, rimmed, however you prefer margaritas.

Note: Don''t substitute on the Grand Marnier, since it is cognac based and if you remove it you will remove a layer of flavor that can''t be replaced.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best Wedding/Party Punch

1 cup simple syrup (1 C sugar, 1 C water, boil 5 minutes, cool)

buy frozen and reconstitute:
4 C pineapple juice
1 C cranberry juice
1 C orange juice

squeeze fresh:
2/3 C lemon juice
1/2 C lime juice

2 2-liter bottles of ginger ale.

Absolutely refreshing, and no foamy stuff on top.
This is just yummy to make anytime actually. I gave it to a friend for a party and she had people all over her for the recipe, and her family was chugging the leftovers.
2.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Omg, for real with the corona in it? I am sooo curious now! (I also need a blender, I usually drink iced margs)

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/5/2008 3:33:44 PM
Author: MoonWater
Omg, for real with the corona in it? I am sooo curious now! (I also need a blender, I usually drink iced margs)
Yep. And other than the obviously highest quality liquors involved, I''m certain that the Corona is what gives ''em that unique taste. And they aren''t sickly sweet or too acidic. One of the things about margaritas, to me, is that they are generally too sweet when you order them out - so sweet that the sugar covers the flavors of the liquor, and that they are so acidic. They almost always tear my stomach up, but these don''t.

I bet you could do it by just melting your cubes, (because this isn''t a bunch of ice and they don''t end up slushy, just really cold) and stirring or shaking all the igredients really well - maybe in an empty water jug? My friend serves them on the rocks in mugs, so you''re good....

I''m really curious to see if other folks like them as much as me and my friends do... let me know, OK?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Funny, my colorist was discussing his latest most favorite drink--the beergarita!

cheers--Sharon

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
We just bought one of those margarita makers for our summer BBQ''s, we are going to have to try this.

Thank you for posting this.

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results