shape
carat
color
clarity

Aisle Runner??!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shanes_vee99

Rough_Rock
I''m getting married in a place with all hardwood floors. I still want the traditional type aisle runner with flower petals along the sides and scattered on top, but I need suggestions on what to use. If I just use the paper kind it will slip all over, and I don''t think they''d like me to use double-sided tape on their floors.

Suggestions?

P.S. Gotta decide soon, weddin
19.gif
g is Aug. 20th!

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Our church had hardwood floors too so I had the same issue. I was able to rent a runner from my florist that wasn''t paper but was kind of like a textured fabric. The florist said it was better for wood floors, however it did bunch a bit.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
i''ve seen one at Michaels, the arts and crafts store, in the wedding section. It comes in a roll and I *think* it''s plastic of some kind.... not sure if that''s what you''re looking for though!

aosyp613

Rough_Rock
I would suggest going to a fabric store to pick out a fabric that compliments your colors and/or the room. You could use some type of double-sided tape just at the beginning and end of the runner. Also, check out the discount section - sometimes you can get a great deal. Also, when you''re done with the runner, you can just wash it and possibly reuse it for something in your home, kind of as a memento of your special day. Good luck!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
That''s a great idea! You could coordinate with your color theme!!

Although it might just be cheaper to have you use one that your florist supplies.

This thread gives me flashbacks.

When I met with my florist, I told him I''d hunt him down and kill him if #1 He gave me a paper runner and #2 I saw any tape sticking out of the runner. I have been to so many wedding where the florist comes out and puts tape over the runner to keep it down and in front of the guests no less.

WELL, I was looking at my pictures and I THINK it''s paper. It doesn''t look like the cloth I paid for and #2 there was TAPE! I sent him a hate mail. I have flashbacks to this day...THE HORROR, THE HORROR, LOL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results