shape
carat
color
clarity

aHH I can't find the right diamond...but how about this one

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there! I am sorry to say this, but I am not loving this diamond. The stone has a large table that not many people here find appealing. The crown angle is outside of the preferred range, but to me that even is not the biggest problem. The stone has a med-slightly thick girdle which increases the weigh, but not the diameter. That stone will face up more like a 1.3-1.35ct diamond. Is this your max budget? If something is to give, what would that be?

chiuey

Rough_Rock
Hi there! I am sorry to say this, but I am not loving this diamond. The stone has a large table that not many people here find appealing. The crown angle is outside of the preferred range, but to me that even is not the biggest problem. The stone has a med-slightly thick girdle which increases the weigh, but not the diameter. That stone will face up more like a 1.3-1.35ct diamond. Is this your max budget? If something is to give, what would that be?
Thank u for your honest opinion. I'm looking for around 1.4 Si1 or vs2, h or I color 2.5 or below on HCA for around 7000. I know... Might be difficult to find =(.

chiuey

Rough_Rock
Preferably on blue Nile since I have a discount

chiuey

Rough_Rock
Preferably on blue Nile since I have a discount

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I prefer the JA one. It's slightly larger and i like the angles on it. The BN stone is a 60/60 style which favors more white light return as opposed to firey light return. But they both need further investigation, they both have strong fluorescence which can cause some haziness. You want to ask the vendor to pull the stone and make sure there is no cloudiness/haziness/milkiness due to the strong fluoro. Apparently not a lot of strong fluoro stones exhibit this but it can happen so better to be safe than sorry

defy525

Rough_Rock
Request an Ideal Scope or ASET image and post it here.
As farrahlyn said, also ask about if there is any milkiness due to strong fluorescence.
Do you want more stones to compare?

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JA also has a discount, I believe, if you give them your email.

chiuey

Rough_Rock
Request an Ideal Scope or ASET image and post it here.
As farrahlyn said, also ask about if there is any milkiness due to strong fluorescence.
Do you want more stones to compare?
sure! If you guys don't mind, send me some comparable diamonds to give me some choices. You guys have been seriously helpful for a newbie to diamonds.

defy525

Rough_Rock
Do you need to buy with a setting or just loose diamond?

defy525

Rough_Rock
Just searched for a while and cannot find better alternatives yet, any PSer has better options?
Ask the customer service for Ideal scope for the above diamonds first : )
Personally I like the 1.4 J VS-1, see if you can tolerate a lower color grade.

chiuey

Rough_Rock
Just searched for a while and cannot find better alternatives yet, any PSer has better options?
Ask the customer service for Ideal scope for the above diamonds first : )
Personally I like the 1.4 J VS-1, see if you can tolerate a lower color grade.
I would be okay with a J color, however I think the gf has a keen eye for color so I might have to keep it I or better. Unless you can convince me there's not much difference between J and I. =\

chiuey

Rough_Rock
unfortunately, no idealscope image for
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...i-color-si1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-2817835
They say I have to purchase it first to move it to NY where they can inspect it. They also say
"Fluorescence usually has no effect on a diamond's appearance in regular lighting conditions. In some cases, however, a strong blue fluorescence can make a yellow colored diamond appear whiter. In rare cases, it can or cause a stone to appear milky or oily. For this diamond, fluorescence would not affect the diamond at all."

gamelo

Rough_Rock
unfortunately, no idealscope image for
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...i-color-si1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-2817835
They say I have to purchase it first to move it to NY where they can inspect it. They also say
"Fluorescence usually has no effect on a diamond's appearance in regular lighting conditions. In some cases, however, a strong blue fluorescence can make a yellow colored diamond appear whiter. In rare cases, it can or cause a stone to appear milky or oily. For this diamond, fluorescence would not affect the diamond at all."
while i think that slight and low grade florescence more often than not will not have a significant effect on appearance in most lighting, strong fluorescence may cause it to appear blue when in natural sunlight. do some googling of pictures and videos of strong fluorescent diamonds in sunlight

sometimes fluorescence can make lower color grades appear better color, but generally it is looked at as a negative for higher color grades and especially strong florescence gives a discount in price as they are generally considered less desirable by the diamond market.

defy525

Rough_Rock
I would be okay with a J color, however I think the gf has a keen eye for color so I might have to keep it I or better. Unless you can convince me there's not much difference between J and I. =\
I color is safe I guess. I have just got my I color 1ct stone and I barely see the yellow tint from side. For J color, I guess you will see some warmness and people who are sensitive to color will recognize it.

Maybe ask PSers for more options at this moment : )

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'd stick to I if you don't want to ask the lady in question what she would prefer. about fluoro, it can help a stone look whiter but as mentioned, it will likely look blue in sunlight which you may or may not love. And you don't want to discount that it could have a negative effect on the stone. If you really like the stone, you could always purchase and ask for a gemologist to inspect it as well as an IS when it gets in to the states and if you don't like it, look for something else. Actually, giving IDJewelry a call with your budget and what you're looking for might be a really good idea. They do great things with a budget.

this could bear further investigation:
http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd/9200461/Round-Diamond-I-Color-SI1-Clarity
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...i-color-vs1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-2842305 smaller than the other JA stone but i like it.

Maybe diamondseeker will pop in with suggestions, she's WAY better at this than me

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results