shape
carat
color
clarity

AGS Vs Sarin

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Houseparty

Rough_Rock
I found a diamond that looked interesting. It has a new AGS 0 cut grade that looks super ideal. I requested a detailed Sarin hoping to find the details for each of the 8 angles etc...

What received was a basic 1 page Sarin, but there were some material differences vs the ASG Lab Report. For example, the AGS report states the Pav angle at 40.8, while the Sarin states 41.2 (41.1 - 41.3)

The weight was off 0.020ct when they both go measure out to 0.005ct

Finally, the Lab states the round ranges are off only by 0.02mm, while the Sarin says the round range is 0.11

Do I ignor the Sarin?

Sincerely,
David

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2007 7:06:50 PM
Author:Houseparty

Do I ignor the Sarin?

Sincerely,
David
Unfortunately, I think so...as the lab is generally thought to be senior, with respect to presentation of that sort of data, vs. even houses with expensive sarins...since labs have presumably even more expensive ones...and AGS doesn''t round their data.

Not sure if this makes the other data you were looking for junk or not. Maybe it''s good enough to know the 0 grade was earned by incorporating the other info?

I guess it''s a new world, with minor facet discussions on Pricescope.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results