shape
carat
color
clarity

AGLS & GIA Certs: the Key to Symbols area

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GZeus

Rough_Rock
I thought I had this figured out but....

I noticed that GIA certs only list the inclusions in the ''Key to Symbols'' area that are actually present in the stone being certified.
AGLS certs seem a bit different. They appear to list all possible inclusions in the Key - at least most of the time.

Today, I ran across a AGLS cert that only had the actually present inclusions in the stone on the cert. I guess it was an oddball?

Q - Is the general rule, AGLS certs show the full range of inclusion and GIA certs only show the actually present inclusions in the Key?

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2007 11:43:34 PM
Author:GZeus
I thought I had this figured out but....

I noticed that GIA certs only list the inclusions in the 'Key to Symbols' area that are actually present in the stone being certified.
AGLS certs seem a bit different. They appear to list all possible inclusions in the Key - at least most of the time.

Today, I ran across a AGLS cert that only had the actually present inclusions in the stone on the cert. I guess it was an oddball?

Q - Is the general rule, AGLS certs show the full range of inclusion and GIA certs only show the actually present inclusions in the Key?
Good observation. We saw this beginning with recent deliveries. The newer AGSL grading reports (being picky, these are not actually 'certifications'
1.gif
) are showing only inclusions present. They've also added a flap summarizing cut grade: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ags-to-introduce-new-dqd-report-format.59690/

GZeus

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback, John. That other thread was an interesting read.
4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results