shape
carat
color
clarity

After the proposal...?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

thunkpad

Shiny_Rock
Well here's the plan.

My girlfriend and I are flying from London to New York for a long weekend to visit my best friend who's moved out there recently. It coincides with her birthday (28th April) and I think it's the perfect opportunity to pop the question.

I've found the ring and booked tickets for the Top of the Rock at sunset to do the deed. Bearing in mind we're staying at my friend's tiny appartment (in his bed in fact - he'll be on the couch), I've also booked a nice hotel for that night (can't afford any longer unfortunately).

Now, given it's her birthday, she's planning on arranging a night out for the three of us and a girlfriend of her's who also lives in New York. Obviously I can't get her to cancel this without arrousing suspicion but, as I'm planning on proposing at susnet (around 8 ish if I remember), it doesn't necesarily conflict. It does though change my original plan which was to then take her for a romantic meal, just the two of us, before retiring to the hotel and doing her birthday celebrations (and engagement celebrations) the night after.

I can still change the celebrations to the night after without her knowing but I've no clue whether that's what she'd prefer.

So here's my question - will she want to spend her engagement evening in a romantic restaurant alone, or among close friends celebrating?
40.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
That depends on your girl, really... I''d rather spend it alone with my new fiancé, but quite a few grils here have said that they loved/would love to celebrate with friends.

Sorry I''m not much help!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Hi Thunkpad!..I agree with Anchor and it depends on your girl. I personally would like a private proposal, but if you think she would like to be with friends then maybe you guys can meet your friends after the proposal?

An unrelated comment:....I''m so glad you mentioned specific places in your post...because otherwise I would have been wondering if you were my BF!...some similarities you mentioned made me laugh!

brian m

Rough_Rock
Thunkpad,

US Naval Observatory has sunset listed as 7:49 for 4/28. Keep in mind, NYC has quite a few tall buildings. It may be a little darker by 8pm than in most cities. Just something to think about.

thunkpad

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the tip. I haven''t got the ticket infront of me but I think I timed it so we''d be up there about 15 minutes before the scheduled sun set. Do you think I should time it a little earlier?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results