shape
carat
color
clarity

African Silver from Patrick Mavros

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mavros is a silver sculptor from Zimbabwe. I became aware of him through royal style blogs and particularly following Sophie the Countess when I liked her silver double-elephant drop necklace. I was easily able to buy the same. You can order through the website and they ship free worldwide. www.patrickmavros.com.....

Although most of his work is sculpture, he also produces jewelry. It's made using the lost wax carving method, so the jewelry is actually little sculptures, which is why even the tiniest elephant on my necklace can stand up. The items are the same on both sides.

The silver is all from Zimbabwe, and a portion of all the proceeds goes toward the elephant sanctuary that the Mavros family runs, so I felt good about buying lots of it in recent years.

I think the stuff is fun and quirky. Enjoy the photos!

First are elephant bracelets, one for each wrist. I get a lot of compliments on these.

dscn0564.jpg

dscn0566.jpg

dscn0587__3_.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seahorse. Almost impossible to get a good modeling shot. This is my favorite piece because I think the long sweep is very elegant. Apparently the mold was made from a real seahorse who had gone to the great sea in the sky.

The piece is the same on both sides, with a tsavorite eye on each.

dscn0567__2_.jpg

dscn0569__2_.jpg

dscn0596__2_.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a pangolin necklace. Pangolins are uncommon creatures a bit like anteaters, and they crawl into a ball when frightened. They have a scaly surface. Countess Sophie and Pippa Middleton have this necklace, which is where I first saw it. The pangolin is quite heavy and is sculpted the same on both sides.

Hard to get a good modeling shot, so I've posted a collage of Pippa Middleton wearing it.

dscn0570.jpg

dscn0598.jpg

646-431_pangolin-pendant.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elephant earrings. Again, the detail is amazing and they're the same on both sides.

dscn0572.jpg

dscn0601__2_.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crocodile earrings. Dutchess Kate has the large version but I thought they were a bit much for me, size-wise. I'm not that keen on crocodiles! I might think about the larger ones for the future, though. The ear shot makes the croc look short, but they are more elongated as in the photo of them both together.

dscn0573.jpg

dscn0603.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sea urchins with tsavorites.

_37395.jpg

_37396.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And last but not least, the necklace that drew me to Patrick Mavros jewelry when I saw Sophie the Countess wearing it. I love elephants.

dscn0579.jpg

dscn0584.jpg

dscn0580.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neck shots of the elephants in different positions.

dscn0620.jpg

dscn0621.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya,

You really post pretty and interesting little objets d'art. I have been enjoying browsing through SMTB in the past few days just to look at the items you have put up! These tiny silver figures are amazing. I love the green eyes!

Deb

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, ABGF! I really like to have fun with my jewelry. If I'm in the mood, I'll wear my large silver horse earrings (other thread) which are slightly on the silly side, but who care. I like the way they have their mouths open, as if waiting for oats! And Patrick Mavros was a great discovery. He has a very interesting story - he has four sons and they run various branches of the business around Africa and the Indian Ocean, and Mavros was not born with a silver spoon in his mouth but became successful with his scupltures, and suddenly celebrities and royals everywhere were buying his stuff! He has this big estate in Zimbabwe and runs an elephant sanctuary there. I like knowing the things I've bought help the elephants. Some people are really mean to elephants, just cause they're easy targets because they're slow. :angryfire:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results