shape
carat
color
clarity

African Emerald search

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oshilig

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, I''m a bit new here but have found this site to be the answer to many of my questions regarding the engagement ring I''m trying to buy.

I''ve more or less decided on what kind of ring I''m looking for, something with an emerald center stone and possibly smaller diamonds on the sides. However, for sentimental reasons I''m looking for a stone from Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe or even Madagascar.

So I have two questions:
1. Does anyone have any advice on where to go in southern Africa to find quality African gemstones? I live in eastern Africa and will be traveling to South Africa for a holiday, and hopefully be able to propose there, somewhere on the beach I think. So I''m looking for any jewelers that could be recommended to find a stone.

2. Since colored gemstones seem to have a less objective grading system than diamonds, I am hesitant to buy anything online. Any advice on reputable online dealers?

Thanks for the help!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hi, Oshilig!

Some beautiful emeralds come from Africa...and generallly command lower prices than their Colombian equivalent.

Here''s a picture of a Zambian emerald I was coveting for a while. I purchased a sapphire from this vendor quite a few years ago, and was very pleased with their service and the quality/value of their goods. They seem to have a large inventory of Zambian emeralds. They are located in Israel.

Good luck!
widget

01-17-15139_pic.jpg

oshilig

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much! They do look good. Anybody else have an idea?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
The wholesale Palagems database lists country of origin. They seem to have quite a few emeralds from Zambia. If you see something you like, all you have to do is work with your jeweler to bring it in for inspection.

www.palagems.com

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
widget, i''ve never been one much for emeralds but that one you posted is DIVINE!

so many color stones, not enough time or $$$$$.....!

peace, movie zombie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results