shape
carat
color
clarity

Affordable 3 stone setting?

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone, long time no see...I haven't been on PS in years, but am finally upgrading the sidestones on my sapphire e-ring. It's an intense medium-dark blue natural, unheated radiant cut sapphire approx. 7mm x5mm. Someday I want to really upgrade, but my husband worked hard for this ring and is very attached:) it's taken 13 years to get on the same page about changing the side stones...

I am replacing the current H-SI2 (.2 ctw) half moon sidestones with gorgeous E, VS2 (.5 ctw) step cut trapezoid diamonds.

I don't think my current white gold basket 3 stone setting will be able to accomodate the new sidestones, but want a very similar setting--ideally with claw prongs. I don't want to spend a lot on this as I do want to really upgrade in a few years:)

Where is everyone finding their settings now?

Has anyone used Gems Unique Creations on etsy?

They said they could modify this setting for my stones...

I'm afraid I won't be much help, but I just wanted to say welcome back and good luck with your project!

ETA: I've heard some PSers buy premade mountings from Stuller.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
thanks Autumn!

I think this is my current setting, and if I could find a jewler who could do this for me it might be the easiest...(if we were still in NY I would go to ID Jewelery, but we relocated across the country to the Bay area and I don't know any jewelers here yet)

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, @Bella_mezzo, and welcome to the West Coast! I relocated to the Bay Area from NY too — actually, I've bounced back and forth between SF and NYC every few years since 1996, but that's a story for another day. Depending on where you are, I might be able to help you find a trustworthy jeweler. I'm planning to check out Mirabelle Jewelers and the Goldsmith, both of which are in Palo Alto, and I'd be happy to report back on my experience. Mirabelle, in particular, seems promising.

JackTrick

Brilliant_Rock
If you’re down the peninsula, Applelblom in San Mateo and Mansoor in Palo Alto are both great. Appelblom, I know, can do Stuller settings.

I always recommend Or Diamond in San Jose, CA if anyone is looking for a local bench. No crazy markups, solid craftsmanship, and he can even work with colored gemstones and semi-precious stones. He made our wedding bands and they're still holding up beautifully.

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
If you’re down the peninsula, Applelblom in San Mateo and Mansoor in Palo Alto are both great. Appelblom, I know, can do Stuller settings.

I’ve had nice conversations with Appleblom online but haven’t yet stopped by. I will now. Thanks for the rec, @JackTrick!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results