shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Adwar / Michael E. Pendant to Match my IDJ Jackets :)

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
Fair warning: I'm in a verbose mood, LOL. This adventure started with my purchasing some preloved IDJ earring jackets (3 point melee; made for 0.50/5mm center stones). Initially I'd planned to wear the jackets primarily with colored stones and pearls, because I had never owned any real diamond studs (just CZs).

Soon after getting them, however, I decided I wanted some real diamond studs to wear with them. I'm a big fan of bezels - my engagement ring is a Ritani Endless Love style - so I contacted IDJ to see about having some bezel studs made that would fit my earring jackets. They did a beautiful job sourcing the diamonds and setting them into platinum bezel settings. Because my jackets were made for 0.50/5mm stones (each), I was able to go down in size a little to 0.33/4.5mm stones (each) and still have them fit well because the bezel setting took up the remaining space.

At some point I saw Cellentani's beautiful pendant that she'd had made from a modified IDJ earring jacket and decided I'd like to do the same, but again with the bezel modification. This is her's:

I contacted IDJ about the project, but although they were helpful, I felt like they were perhaps too busy to keep up with communication well, and their price came in way higher than I'd imagined it would be, so I started looking at different options. I knew that they sourced the earring jackets from Adwar Casting, so I went digging through Adwar's catalog and found that Adwar makes a pendant with a bail to match the earring jackets, so instead of needing to modify an earring jacket in 2 ways (adding a bezel + attaching a permanent chain), I'd only need to have someone remove the prongs for the center stone and replace it with a bezel for me. Searches on PS revealed that Michael Edgett was known to work with Adwar's products and he seemed to have great reviews, so I approached him with my idea. Original pendant:

To be Continued...

dsc_59.jpg

bezel_studs_and_jackets.jpg

id_jacket_pendant.jpg

adwar_pendant.jpg

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
Michael was wonderful to work with! Very communicative, friendly, prompt, and just all-around a pleasure to chat and work with! I sourced my own center diamond and he did the rest. I LOVE the finished pendant! Best of all, it's all in platinum, which is what I really wanted. My only hesitation was the bail on the pendant - after drooling over Cellentani's for so long, which has a chain attached directly to her pendant, I wasn't completely sure about having a bail, but in the end, I think it was a good decision, as I hated to 'sacrifice' a $350 platinum chain for use on this pendant only. Now I have a chain I can use for other things, too! (Besides, I'm fairly sure I could have the bail removed and a chain soldered directly if I wanted to in the future. I love it the way it is now, though!)

Details: Center diamond is GIA Cert 0.58ct H SI1 Ex-Ex-Ex with 1.5 HCA. It is spready for its size, however, at ~5.4mm. The halo diamonds are 5 points each, G-H, VS2-SI1. The total carat weight comes in just shy of 1.1. All in platinum, pictured on a 16" 1.5mm platinum cable chain.

These pics don't do the pendant justice, but they're the best I could get! The whole thing is a little fireball and it matches the jacketed earrings perfectly :D The final pic is Michael's shot of the side view of the pendant. I appreciate how he made the bezeled center diamond sit slightly above the halo, because it mimics the look of my bezel studs in their jackets almost perfectly (they don't sit entirely flush either, and it helps to emphasize the center stone.)

adwar_0.jpg

adwar_3.jpg

adwar_4.jpg

adwar_pendant_2.jpg

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
The whole happy halo family :appl:

ETA: Forgot to mention the halo pendant was made to whole a 0.75ct/~5.9mm center stone, but because of the bezel, it only holds a 0.58/5.4mm center - as in the earrings, using bezels lets me decrease the size of the center diamonds needed while still getting essentially the "look" or spread of bigger stones.

halo_family.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh WOW! What a spectacular set!! :love: Absolutely love it all! Now I think I 'need' a pendant to match my jackets and studs :bigsmile:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Just lovely!!!!!!!! I really like the bezel look on this vs the prongs!!!!! :lickout:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, the set matches perfectly. Congrats!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty and clever to fill in the airline with bezels! Both look fantastic on you and a perfect compliment to each other :appl:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I love it with the bezel. Just an absolutely beautiful set! :appl:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!! That turned out so nice!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: Weeeeee!! What a great 'family' of bezeled halo jewels!! It turned out just perfectly, Tara - you must be so thrilled!!

And that's interesting that you found a new source to work with- great news about your experience with Michael!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!! :love:

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful set, Tara! Congatulations! What a clever idea to use bezels with halo. I just can imagine how sparckly your set in real lfe is! I am comsidering setting my little yellow diamond in adwar setting as well. Have not started gavering quotes, but thank you for the review on your vendor. And I am also Wg sensitive, so need to go platinum or YG, cant decide yet...

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful Tara3056! Now I think you need some pearl drops for those earrings ;-)

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What a gorgeous set!!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Super pretty Tara - love your matching set, and I'm glad you were able to get it done in platinum like you wanted! I'm telling you, that necklace is really going to get noticed! :appl:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh how pretty--it has definite presence on your neck!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful Set!!! Michael E did a wonderful job on the pendant, ITS LOVELY!!! :appl: :))

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Fantastic!!!!! Cellentani's is one of my favorite pendants, but I like it just as much with the bail. Beautiful!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That set is just gorgeous!!! Want!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful set, boy, do I *need* me some earring jackets!!!! love love love the whole set!

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the lovely comments! The pendant was meant to celebrate the impending birth of our baby girl; I hope to give it to her someday, perhaps for a wedding present :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
W :love: W!!!! Love the set Tara! Really gorgeous and super blingy!!! :love:
Just beautiful! Wear in health and happiness and congrats on the upcoming birth of your daughter!!!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
I love your new set!!! They match perfectly and I love how unique the bezels make them look! :appl:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
as one not known to like halos at all, I will admit that your brilliant addition of a bezel has drawn my eye! very lovely and unique. :love: and it looks absolutely fab on you. well done! :appl:

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Just came across your post. Absolutely stunning! I have been drooling over Cellentani's modified earring jacket pendant for a long time as well! Ireally like the modifications you made - bezel & bail. Enjoy!!!! I try to avoid looking at posts showing off new goodies - too tempting and my budget for this year into next has been maxed out! I will be thinking about your georgeous pendant and earrings for a long time.

Shimmer45

Rough_Rock
This is so wonderful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results