shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice Please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondquestioner

Rough_Rock
So I thought I finally settled on a rock but when I showed it to my fam they weren't ure about the slight tinges of yellow on the edges. Could ppl please give me their advice? It is rated G so I feel like in person it would be clear, but perhaps it does reflect yellow light more than it should? Should I just order it and see it in person and return if it is no good? THANKS!

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/Whiteflash-ACA-cut-diamond-2183268.htm

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/Whiteflash-ACA-cut-diamond-2183268.htm

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those yellowish triangles near the edge are not body color of the diamond.
They are colored light that was broken up by the diamond.
Diamonds break white light up into all the colors of the rainbow.
It could have just as easily been blue or pink or any color.

It means nothing.
Any identically-cut diamond from the most colorless D to the bottom of the alphabet would have given off the same yellow triangles in that lighting.

If you want to learn how various color grades look try to compare them in person.
Pictures are misleading unless all the diamonds you are comparing are in the SAME pic.
You may decide you are perfectly happy with a J diamond or find that it is worth it to you to pay all the money for a D.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the pic in your link with the yellow at the edges that you expressed concern about.

DI40X_AGS-1040369420087.jpg

diamondquestioner

Rough_Rock
Thanks very much Kenny for the advice and plugging the pic in for me! I definitely understand what you are saying, was just concerned because most of the other pics of WF ACAs (that seem to have the same photography setup) do not seem to refract as much yellow light, but I suspect it is just random like you said. I think I might just go ahead and order and check it out in a variety of lightings in person.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/25/2009 1:18:47 AM
Author: diamondquestioner
Thanks very much Kenny for the advice and plugging the pic in for me! I definitely understand what you are saying, was just concerned because most of the other pics of WF ACAs (that seem to have the same photography setup) do not seem to refract as much yellow light, but I suspect it is just random like you said. I think I might just go ahead and order and check it out in a variety of lightings in person.
The yellow is a reflection, not a colour of the diamond. The photographer could have had a yellow shirt on or there could be yellow in the surroundings, well cut diamonds like that will pick up and reflect colours around them easily so it is nothing to worry about! A G colour is still extremely white to my eyes and I believe you can order this diamond free from fear that it will be in any way yellow.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
I own a G and it looks very white face up. I can notice a slight creamy-ness compared to my D, but only when i hold them side by side.

It is most likely a reflection.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results