shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice please-probably cz

Septemberwedding

Rough_Rock
Hi guys,

I want to purchase a ring that looks like this listing I have found on Etsy https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/702778116/25-cttw-eternity-band-engagement-ring. . There is no way I can afford this in diamonds. Can you please give me some advice about longevity? The seller told me this is a simulated diamond which rates as a 9-9.2 on the MOHs scale.they don’t tell me what the stone is but I’m guessing cz. .Do you think this will cloud up quite quickly?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That seems expensive to me for something that’s a simulant. I notice the price is given in GBP, are you in the UK?

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
No, a good quality cz will last many years. For 400.00 usd, it's not a bad price.
There is also something called an Amora gem that mimics diamond very closely(highter cost than cz/moiss).
Have you considered moissanite? That is also a great alternative with it's own unique properties. There are many threads and fans of it on this forum you can look at, as well.

Septemberwedding

Rough_Rock
No, a good quality cz will last many years. For 400.00 usd, it's not a bad price.
There is also something called an Amora gem that mimics diamond very closely(highter cost than cz/moiss).
Have you considered moissanite? That is also a great alternative with it's own unique properties. There are many threads and fans of it on this forum you can look at, as well.

Yes, I have considered moissy but after I contacted the seller the price went from 400 usd to 1200 usd for moissy stones which is out of my price range. Thank you for the amora gems suggestion I have never heard of that before!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't personally get a cz ring because it will cloud/loose brilliance. A moissy or lab diamond is a better choice IMHO

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I have considered moissy but after I contacted the seller the price went from 400 usd to 1200 usd for moissy stones which is out of my price range. Thank you for the amora gems suggestion I have never heard of that before!

Amora is expensive-ish too, a cz will last a good twenty years or more...but I don't consider it a forever stone-but it's economical and can be replaced.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a Swarovski zirconia ring in platinum overlay sterling silver that’s a very similar design, I think I paid about twenty pounds for, so to me, I just wouldn’t pay hundreds for a simulant. I’ve had other CZ travel rings for years, and none of them have ever gone cloudy.

Septemberwedding

Rough_Rock
Ok guys thank you. I found a seller in the UK who can do platinum and moissanite for around £500. Is that a better deal do you think?

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Ok guys thank you. I found a seller in the UK who can do platinum and moissanite for around £500. Is that a better deal do you think?

Yes, if you want to stay in the UK.
There are also several Chinese vendors like StarsGem and Tianyu that many people here have used for custom orders with some success.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, the platinum and moissanite is a much better choice and should last a very long time!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock

You should look around the r/moissanite board on reddit. If you order direct from the Chinese moissanite companies, you can very easily stay within your budget. Most people pay under $500 USD for their moissanite rings in gold. All the vendor contact info is under the menu section but I would try Starsgem or Tianyu. You can see examples of these rings in the post.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results