shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on two 3 stone rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

twe2020

Rough_Rock
Need advice between two different rings. Both are 3 stones/emerald cuts. First one has a 1.86 center VS2 J/K range with .75 sides VS1 H/G range. Center stone shows no color and looks to be more like an I, but the J/K worries me.

The second is a 1.5 center VS2 I with .9 sides also VS2 I color.

Both are the same price (10K), set in 15K, one just with the bigger center stone. The second ring seems to be the safer choice, but the first is a good looking ring as well. Any advice would be appreciated.

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I would not recommend the first ,just because J color with g-h side stones are not matched.The side stones will make the center stone look a bit yellow, and since you are already concerned about the j/K color, It will probably bother you later on.
My question is:who certified the center stone?there is no such grade as j/k color on any certificate,which makes me think that maybe the stone is lower color than you are being told.

It really all comes down for you to compromise on the second ring ,(which is the better choice from the two rings) but you don't really have to.

The solution to that is getting a ring that will have all 3 stones with the same colors, (in the larger size.)
If you are mounting it in white metals, I think that you should not go below the I color.

twe2020

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice. I am really a beginner in this process, and just want to make sure that I don't get taken advantage of. The J/K rating is because the stones have not been certified yet. That, combined with the color makes me nervous, but I do trust who I am working with, and did not see any color in the stone, but that is definitely a worry, especially for someone like me who is not an expert. That being said, I am leaning towards the safer choice, the second ring, where all the stones are certified. Total carat size is roughly the same in both rings, with the first having a larger center stone. The second ring having consistent color and cut for all three stones seems to be safer. Thanks again, and any other advice would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results