shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on this diamond before I lock it in

rbpro

Rough_Rock
About to spend fair amount on this diamond. Just wanted to know if I'm being ripped off. I have one day left before payment, this is my last chance to pull out.

GIA and VGR below.

- Is this an ideal/super ideal stone?
- Issue with ASET: I've never seen blue blobs around the center like that, is that normal?

Price: $18250 AUD (13303 USD).

Includes: 18ct white gold ring with 0.41TW shoulder diamonds (A grade). CAD design process. Local independent jeweller.

Thanks, this forum has been very useful for me.

_1532.png

vgr.png

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have any upclose pictures of the stone?

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here's a comp from Whiteflash for a super ideal.

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3766237.htm

I can't speak personally as to whether your diamond meets the ideal/super ideal specs. Hopefully someone more knowledgable will respond. That's a fairly large crystal on the table. Even though it's VS2, I would want to make absolutely sure that the diamond is eye clean from top and sides.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 35.5 crown angle throws it out of super ideal range with Whiteflash. Their A Cut Above stones have a crown angle from 34 - 35 degrees.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree with the others that this is out of the range of superideal cut and maybe ideal cut.

Can you please separate the price of the diamond and setting?

Examples of diamonds:

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.35-carat-f-color-vs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-2296697

and a superideal cut for $12,167. I'd strongly prefer this one over the one you are looking at. The one above I'd prefer second.

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3766237.htm

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3772294.htm (if you could go to G color)

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
I think the crown angle on the report says 35.5 but the pavilion says 40.6, which *might* be ok, if you go by what I understand the general advice on the specs to be. (35.5 can pair with 40.6 to work out- but I bet it needs more info.)

As for the question about the blobs around the middle in blue, I am fairly sure that ASET is computer generated (can't magnify it enough to really see it clearly, sorry. Same problem with the report- it's fuzzy). Anyway, if you look at the stone DS posted from whiteflash and look at the ACTUAL ASET image, and then look at the computer generated one on the stone's AGS report, you'll see some similar "blobs" in the computer generated one on the certificate.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Based on the inputs I used on HCA for that stone, 56 Table, 61.1 Depth, 35.5 CA, 40.6 PA, it seems to throw back a decent HCA score (HCA 1.3) which would warrant further investigation. Would also like to see some larger photos of the H&A images in the Diamond DNA document just to confirm whether it looks ok or otherwise.

rbpro

Rough_Rock
I've attached the full scan of the GIA and VGR below, hopefully you'll be able to zoom in.

The jeweller hasn't provided any higher resolution pictures of videos of the diamond

Attachments

• gia_and_vgr.pdf
    918.9 KB · Views: 107

rbpro

Rough_Rock
That's what I thought was happening as well, however this ASET has a black background which leads me to believe this is the actual ASET image and it's not computer generated. My concern is that I've never seen actual ASETs with such large blue clusters surrounding the centre.

If this diamond is not super ideal, is it somewhere close to ideal? Or just average triple ex diamond.

I've been quoted 16900 AUD (12,800 USD) for the diamond and 1400 AUD (1000AUD) for the ring/shoulder. This includes lifetime cleaning etc.

Please note there is an extra 10% GST (import) tax for online diamonds purchases.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
rbpro|1484024515|4113938 said:
That's what I thought was happening as well, however this ASET has a black background which leads me to believe this is the actual ASET image and it's not computer generated. My concern is that I've never seen actual ASETs with such large blue clusters surrounding the centre.

If this diamond is not super ideal, is it somewhere close to ideal? Or just average triple ex diamond.

I've been quoted 16900 AUD (12,800 USD) for the diamond and 1400 AUD (1000AUD) for the ring/shoulder. This includes lifetime cleaning etc.

Please note there is an extra 10% GST (import) tax for online diamonds purchases.

Hey from a fellow Aussie PS'er. For that stone, the proportions reveal that this stone would get an AGS 1 cut grade (AGS Excellent).

I did a search at James Allen for comparable stones with similar carat weight but all F/VS2s. The range of prices is between USD9600 to USD11840.
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/?CaratFrom=1.25&CaratTo=1.35&Color=F&Clarity=VS2&Cut=Ideal,Excellent,TrueHearts&PriceFrom=200&PriceTo=&Sort=Price,%20DefaultOrder&ViewsOptions=List

There is a 1.35ct F VS2 there which has proportions that fall within both the GIA XXX and AGS 000 Ideal ranges and is USD10880 (around USD12k after import GST and surcharges levied by the courier, but before the JA wire discount):
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.35-carat-f-color-vs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-2296697

Another stone is a 1.32 F VS2 which also has proportions that fall within both GIA XXX and AGS 000 Ideal ranges (though it might fall out of the super ideal proportions that PS folks might prefer). This one is the most expensive at USD11840 which would take you above the USD12800 that you've been quoted for the other stone once you factor in GST and surcharges from the courier, but you should take a look at it anyway:
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.32-carat-f-color-vs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-2327151

It's proportions are almost identical to the one you are looking at locally here in Australia. Slightly larger table and very slightly deeper.

So that should give you an idea of whether or not you have been duped by your local jeweller (I don't think you have been).

rbpro

Rough_Rock
Nice to see another aussie here! Thanks for providing those diamonds for comparison.

"For that stone, the proportions reveal that this stone would get an AGS 1 cut grade (AGS Excellent)."

I was hoping for this to be an AGS 0 cut grade. How did you work out this to be an AGS 1?

That second diamond does look very close to mine indeed! Given how close the proportions are, is there a reason why that one is AGS 0 and a different grade to mine?

I seem to be on the higher end of the price range here, but I think it's so hard to try to get fair quotes at the jewellers in the city.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
rbpro|1484054684|4113983 said:
Nice to see another aussie here! Thanks for providing those diamonds for comparison.

"For that stone, the proportions reveal that this stone would get an AGS 1 cut grade (AGS Excellent)."

I was hoping for this to be an AGS 0 cut grade. How did you work out this to be an AGS 1?

That second diamond does look very close to mine indeed! Given how close the proportions are, is there a reason why that one is AGS 0 and a different grade to mine?

I seem to be on the higher end of the price range here, but I think it's so hard to try to get fair quotes at the jewellers in the city.

Southern Australia or the northern states? I'm in the one beginning with Q ;-)

Am with you on the quotes. The independent jewellers in BRI CBD are far better than the chains (which have their main stores in the CBD). But even their inventory pales compared with what you can do yourself via James Allen, Blue Nile, Whiteflash, etc, etc.

Take a look at this PDF provided by AGS:
https://www.agslab.com/docs/pbcg/AGSLProportionCharts.pdf

You have the proportions from the grading report so it's a simple matter of finding the appropriate page with the closest table percentage, then work through the chart: columns refer to the crown angle, rows refer to the pavillion angle. Find where the two numbers intersect and then you will be able to find out the AGS cut grade.

Edit (@1:32am): I just double checked what I wrote this afternoon. I think I got the columns and rows mixed up while writing that response on the bus home this afternoon. It does sit in the AGS Ideal range. So that's a good thing for you.

I just imported my first stone & setting from Brian Gavin Diamonds. Picking it up from the FedEx depot tomorrow (oh shoot, I mean later today, it's 1:20am as I type this on Wed 11 Jan). Paying the GST and FedEx surcharge isn't quite that scary and I've found that I'm still under budget by at least AUD1k (because I'm not being upgraded to the highest colour clarity combo that the local jewellers are trying to get me to do).

The pricing does appear to be quite fair because I suspect that your jeweller is using the same virtual inventory list that JA is using.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would just like to add that 35.5/40.6 stones in my opinion can be fantastic stones, as long as the ASET/Idealscope is good. I have seen ASET perfect 36/40.6 combos which were remarkably beautiful and fiery in real life. Yours is a computer generated image so would not show subtle nuisances.

I think the real deal breaker boils down to value for money..

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
gm89uk|1484082882|4114112 said:

Hear hear!

rbpro

Rough_Rock
Im the state starting with V! I had a particularly shortened time frame and got lured into paying a deposit. Otherwise, I would have definitely looked into online vendors

"It does sit in the AGS Ideal range. So that's a good thing for you."

Great - Thanks for working that out and providing the chart.

Good luck with your diamond! Let me know how it goes. Im curious to know how the real life light performance compares with the pics/specs.

rbpro

Rough_Rock
I would just like to add that 35.5/40.6 stones in my opinion can be fantastic stones, as long as the ASET/Idealscope is good. I have seen ASET perfect 36/40.6 combos which were remarkably beautiful and fiery in real life. Yours is a computer generated image so would not show subtle nuisances.

Good to know - What's the signs that this one is computer generated?

And the difference between this and a 'perfect' ASET, is it just the inner blue cluster?

Interesting that the GIA shows 35.5/40.6, while the VGR shows 35.4/40.7. Not sure if this affects anything.

Agreed on the value for money - I think I would have been better off doing a return trip to the US.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
rbpro|1484094613|4114184 said:
Im the state starting with V! I had a particularly shortened time frame and got lured into paying a deposit. Otherwise, I would have definitely looked into online vendors

"It does sit in the AGS Ideal range. So that's a good thing for you."

Great - Thanks for working that out and providing the chart.

Good luck with your diamond! Let me know how it goes. Im curious to know how the real life light performance compares with the pics/specs.

Lesson learnt for next time perhaps? I take it that it's too late to get out of purchasing that first stone without losing your deposit? If so :cry: If not, it might not be too late to purchase online (unless you had a pressing deadline, say... a proposal).

Picked up my wife's new ring from FedEx today. Real life light performance compares very well with the pics/specs. Compared with a 0.7ct GIA XXX G SI1 that my wife has (which a lot of laypeople/friends of ours would say is a good stone), the new 0.962 K VS2 Super-Ideal cut has a more marked contrast pattern in diffused light (i.e. at certain viewing angles, I'm seeing the symmetrical arrows pattern very distinctly) and in sunlight it sparkles very nicely (and gets a nice colour boost due to the stone being fluorescent). Actually even in diffused light environment here at home, it faces up as white as the G does (and the G was marketed to us by the jeweller as being a certified stone of theirs that is a "whiter, brighter, more beautiful diamond").

The GIA stone by way of comparison looks dull, lifeless and it has rather poor optical symmetry even though it scored Excellent in that regard by GIA. Looking into it, it appears to look like crushed ice at times (something that one normally associates with other shapes like cushions and princess cuts) at certain angles. It has a rather steep crown angle combined with a deep-ish pavillion angle not withstanding that the table and depth have good proportions. In sunlight, it doesn't even compare. Not even anywhere near the same amount of fire and brilliance that the new stone has. Almost 3 years later, I'm thinking that I got jipped on the cut quality of the stone. This has taught me a big lesson that one should NEVER trust any Aussie B&M jeweller who says that GIA XXX cuts are enough to guarantee the overall performance of the stone. Idealscope and ASET are a MUST.

Makes you realise doing these searches that the Aussie jewellery market is so tiny compared with the rest of the world, and what gets offered to us at the vast majority of retailers is not as good as it can be. As you said, a return trip to the US for a purchase might have been cheaper than what you're doing now!

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
bmfang|1484061810|4114007 said:

You have the proportions from the grading report so it's a simple matter of finding the appropriate page with the closest table percentage, then work through the chart: columns refer to the crown angle, rows refer to the pavillion angle. Find where the two numbers intersect and then you will be able to find out the AGS cut grade.
One clarification: The charts above correspond to AGSL's "Gold" Proportions system, not their 3D Light Performance system. The Gold Report is a lesser-used format designed to mimic GIA approach. It uses averaged proportions to assign a predictive grade. It's less strict and with no 3D analysis it's not diamond-specific.

https://www.americangemsociety.org/en/gold-diamond-quality-report

RE 3D Light Performance: Without assessment of the specific diamond we cannot know how all 57 facets interact together. For what it's worth, the laboratory cutting guides predict 56T 40.6PA 35.5CA to be capable of earning between AGS 0-2 in the 3D Platinum system. The final result will depend on minor facet choices, fine-tuning of optical precision and other details. GIA's practice of rounding averages up or down on their reports blurs this a bit. For example, if the avg CA for the subject diamond in this thread is actually 35.7 (rounded down to 35.5 on GIA's report) the predicted final grade becomes AGS 0-3. Bottom line; averages are helpful, but knowing any diamond's actual AGS Light Performance grade requires it to be assessed in their 3D system.

Hope it's interesting.

Prior discussion about report formats here.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/confused-about-different-ags-certificates-can-experts-chime-in.129850/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/confused-about-different-ags-certificates-can-experts-chime-in.129850/[/URL]

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
John Pollard|1484146964|4114337 said:
bmfang|1484061810|4114007 said:

One clarification: The charts above correspond to AGSL's "Gold" Proportions system, not their 3D Light Performance system. The Gold Report is a lesser-used format designed to mimic GIA approach. It uses averaged proportions to assign a predictive grade. It's less strict and with no 3D analysis it's not diamond-specific.

https://www.americangemsociety.org/en/gold-diamond-quality-report

RE 3D Light Performance: Without assessment of the specific diamond we cannot know how all 57 facets interact together. For what it's worth, the laboratory cutting guides predict 56T 40.6PA 35.5CA to be capable of earning between AGS 0-2 in the 3D Platinum system. The final result will depend on minor facet choices, fine-tuning of optical precision and other details. GIA's practice of rounding averages up or down on their reports blurs this a bit. For example, if the avg CA for the subject diamond in this thread is actually 35.7 (rounded down to 35.5 on GIA's report) the predicted final grade becomes AGS 0-3. Bottom line; averages are helpful, but knowing any diamond's actual AGS Light Performance grade requires it to be assessed in their 3D system.

Hope it's interesting.

Prior discussion about report formats here.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/confused-about-different-ags-certificates-can-experts-chime-in.129850/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/confused-about-different-ags-certificates-can-experts-chime-in.129850/[/URL]

Legend! John P, thanks for the clarification about that. :)

I keep learning something new as a layman here in this PS forum every day.

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
bmfang|1484165744|4114447 said:
Legend! John P, thanks for the clarification about that. :)

I keep learning something new as a layman here in this PS forum every day.
You're most welcome. I've read some of your posts these last few days. You're not just learning, you're contributing. Thanks for the time and willingness to help others. This is a great community.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
rbpro|1484095449|4114186 said:

Interesting that the GIA shows 35.5/40.6, while the VGR shows 35.4/40.7. Not sure if this affects anything.

Wonder if the VGR document was based on their own scans of the diamond's angles and proportions? Even if not, the 0.1 deg difference for both CA and PA still keep it within AGS' Ideal Cut grade based on proportions alone.

If this stone were to have gone through AGS' 3D Light Performance grading system, it's still not bad if it ends up between say AGS 0-2, but if it is at the AGS 2 cut grade level, you might be better with a different stone given the price you are paying/have paid. If the stone was cheaper, might be an acceptable compromise. If it fronted up as AGS 0 on light performance grading, then you have probably paid a fair price for it after comparing it with similar stones that are available from the major online vendors. If AGS 1, then it's borderline in my books based on the price the jeweller quoted to you.

This diamond purchasing is probably one of the most stressful purchasing decisions a guy ever has to make!

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
GIA rounds to nearest 0.5 degree for crown and to nearest even 1 decimal space for pavilion.

Example 35.4, 40.7 becomes 35.5/40.8.

But if real angles are 35.4/40.699 it becomes 35.5/40.7.

So crown: 35.5 on GIA can mean 35.25 to 35.749,
Pavilion: 40.5 to 40.69 is rounded to 40.6, 40.7 to 40.89 is rounded to 40.8 etc.

If your stone is somewhere around 40.67 or whatever it is possible VGR rounds to nearest 0.1 but GIA rounded down to 40.6.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
gm89uk|1484343598|4115118 said:
GIA rounds to nearest 0.5 degree for crown and to nearest even 1 decimal space for pavilion.

Pavilion: 40.5 to 40.69 is rounded to 40.6, 40.7 to 40.89 is rounded to 40.8 etc.

If your stone is somewhere around 40.67 or whatever it is possible VGR rounds to nearest 0.1 but GIA rounded down to 40.6.

Yikes!

If that's the case, then the predicted HCA on my wife's 70 pointer could be even worse than what it came out to be once I typed in the specs off the GIA Diamond Dossier.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
gm89uk|1484343598|4115118 said:

Correction should read becomes 35.5/40.6

rbpro

Rough_Rock
bmfang|1484128604|4114288 said:
Lesson learnt for next time perhaps? I take it that it's too late to get out of purchasing that first stone without losing your deposit? If so :cry: If not, it might not be too late to purchase online (unless you had a pressing deadline, say... a proposal).

Picked up my wife's new ring from FedEx today.
Looks like I'm bound now. Another factor is that this is the only place that offers a halo setting that my gf likes.

Congrats! Great to hear you're happy with the ring. Must've been bit stressful viewing it for the first time? You seem happy with its light performance, glad to see your research has paid off.

You mentioned there is quite a visible difference between your standard GIA XXX diamond and your new super ideal cut, do you think my diamond would be somewhere in the middle?

I had a chance to inspect the loose diamond today. My thoughts:

1. Seems eye clean from the top. We were in a brightly lit room so we went oustide to see if we could spot it with our eyes but we couldn't. Didn't have clear view from the sides because they gave us this metal claw thing to help hold it.
2. Could spot the inclusion quite easily with a 10x loupe. It's a vertical cloud in the table. Easily seen when rotated.
3. Wasn't blown away by it's brilliance/fire. The centre looked a bit dark compared to the rest of the diamond and the arrows weren't distinct. He did bring us another GIA XXX for comparison but the differences were marginal. GF said ours had more fire.I guess it's difficult to compare to a super ideal cut for reference as the jeweller didn't stock it.
4. Didn't get to inspect it under fluorescent light but the jeweller reassured me that that because it got an 'excellent' lustre/brilliant grade on the VGR, it should perform well across all lighting conditions.

Definitely a lesson learnt. If only I thought about the option of flying to the US more seriously!

rbpro

Rough_Rock
John Pollard|1484146964|4114337 said:

Thanks for that - very interesting read. I asked the jeweller for an AGS out of curiosity but they said that double certification is rare.

I was thinking about submitting it for grading as I'm fascinated to see how it'll perform in the 3d light tests. However I don't believe AGS provides these services to the public.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
rbpro|1484365275|4115191 said:

Looks like I'm bound now. Another factor is that this is the only place that offers a halo setting that my gf likes.

Congrats! Great to hear you're happy with the ring. Must've been bit stressful viewing it for the first time? You seem happy with its light performance, glad to see your research has paid off.

You mentioned there is quite a visible difference between your standard GIA XXX diamond and your new super ideal cut, do you think my diamond would be somewhere in the middle?

1. Seems eye clean from the top. We were in a brightly lit room so we went oustide to see if we could spot it with our eyes but we couldn't. Didn't have clear view from the sides because they gave us this metal claw thing to help hold it.
2. Could spot the inclusion quite easily with a 10x loupe. It's a vertical cloud in the table. Easily seen when rotated.
3. Wasn't blown away by it's brilliance/fire. The centre looked a bit dark compared to the rest of the diamond and the arrows weren't distinct. He did bring us another GIA XXX for comparison but the differences were marginal. GF said ours had more fire.I guess it's difficult to compare to a super ideal cut for reference as the jeweller didn't stock it.
4. Didn't get to inspect it under fluorescent light but the jeweller reassured me that that because it got an 'excellent' lustre/brilliant grade on the VGR, it should perform well across all lighting conditions.

Definitely a lesson learnt. If only I thought about the option of flying to the US more seriously!

I hadn't considered that a K coloured stone could be that beautiful based on local B&M who have K coloured stones in their inventories. I consider that a lesson learned. To be honest, I think your GIA XXX is better than my 0.7ct GIA XXX. The arrow shafts on ours don't line up as well with the heads. Your stone's proportions are also far better (mine has a steep crown angle 35.5 deg combined with deep pavillion angle 41.2 deg and its depth is approaching 63%). It's a lot closer to super ideal proportions than my GIA XXX is.

Re: "dual certing", from what I've heard, it is very rare for a stone to be sent to two grading labs and then be sold with the two grading reports. At least your jeweller appears to have heard of AGS. Up here in Brissie, I have dropped AGS into conversations before and very very few jewellery store staff have heard of AGS (though the diamond broking houses and specialty jewellers do have access to AGS stones based on interrogating their virtual inventory lists). GIA appears to be the main game in town now here in Australia (used to hear about the other grading labs, but it seems that DCLA and ADGL are the last ones standing for Aussie labs now based on "certs" that I see at jewellers, though the JAA does have a few more listed on their site).

Not sure whether you will be able to get AGS to grade that stone though as their website seems to state that loose stones that are sent for grading must come from American Gem Society members, not members of the public (which is what GIA and other labs allow). I don't think any of our jewellers here would have AGS membership (unless AGS accept a stone that is sent by a member of an equivalent international jewellery association to them for grading).

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
rbpro said:
Thanks for that - very interesting read. I asked the jeweller for an AGS out of curiosity but they said that double certification is rare.
It depends on the market. Head about 8000.- km northwest to China and you'll find it's quite common. But that's due to a long-standing notion among Chinese consumers that western-got products are "better." So in addition to paper from the NTGC, NGGC or other Chinese lab diamonds of value frequently come with a second report from GIA, IGI, HRD or AGSL.

I was thinking about submitting it for grading as I'm fascinated to see how it'll perform in the 3d light tests. However I don't believe AGS provides these services to the public.
A meaningful result can be determined with a 3D scan of the loose diamond by someone licensed to use the AGS Proprietary Grading Software. I have it. Any chance your jeweler has a Sarin or Ogi scanner? If so, upload the .SRN or .STL here. It's not the same as sending it to the lab, but the Light Performance results are pretty reliable as long as it's a good scan.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
rbpro|1484095449|4114186 said:

Good to know - What's the signs that this one is computer generated?

And the difference between this and a 'perfect' ASET, is it just the inner blue cluster?

Agreed on the value for money - I think I would have been better off doing a return trip to the US.

I mentioned up top that I thought the ASET listed on teh report was a computer generation. It has that flat look I see on all the AGS Performance reports that I don't see in "real life" ASETs. That's the best I can give you. Maybe someone else has better info.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
bmfang|1484373848|4115221 said:
rbpro|1484365275|4115191 said:

I hadn't considered that a K coloured stone could be that beautiful based on local B&M who have K coloured stones in their inventories. I consider that a lesson learned. To be honest, I think your GIA XXX is better than my 0.7ct GIA XXX. The arrow shafts on ours don't line up as well with the heads. Your stone's proportions are also far better (mine has a steep crown angle 35.5 deg combined with deep pavillion angle 41.2 deg and its depth is approaching 63%). It's a lot closer to super ideal proportions than my GIA XXX is.

Re: "dual certing", from what I've heard, it is very rare for a stone to be sent to two grading labs and then be sold with the two grading reports. At least your jeweller appears to have heard of AGS. Up here in Brissie, I have dropped AGS into conversations before and very very few jewellery store staff have heard of AGS (though the diamond broking houses and specialty jewellers do have access to AGS stones based on interrogating their virtual inventory lists). GIA appears to be the main game in town now here in Australia (used to hear about the other grading labs, but it seems that DCLA and ADGL are the last ones standing for Aussie labs now based on "certs" that I see at jewellers, though the JAA does have a few more listed on their site).

Not sure whether you will be able to get AGS to grade that stone though as their website seems to state that loose stones that are sent for grading must come from American Gem Society members, not members of the public (which is what GIA and other labs allow). I don't think any of our jewellers here would have AGS membership (unless AGS accept a stone that is sent by a member of an equivalent international jewellery association to them for grading).

A beautifully cut K is a wondrous thing. My new stone (in my avatar) is a K with fluor. Here's an older thread with some lovely K's in it, including Sunkist's amazing K form some years ago...

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/k-color-stones-in-platinum-wg.43782/page-2']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/k-color-stones-in-platinum-wg.43782/page-2[/URL]

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results