shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on salvaging my antique rose cut ring?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no advice but am so sorry this happened to you. I have had "good" jewelers ruin settings and chip stones and I know how hard it is to find a competent jeweler. Every time I found one it became just a matter of time before they damaged a stone or setting. Right now I have a cheap metal sizing band on my antique platinum e-ring because I can't bear the thought of it being ruined. Keep us updated on your progress on getting your beauty restored. I actually got upset myself when I read your thread. Your jeweler- What were they thinking?!!!!

Rosecat

Rough_Rock
I also adore Georgian Jewellery, and sadly there really is no one here in Oz with the knowledge or skills to repair them. So I do hope you find the exact help in UK or USA where the skilled people are. It's so stunning love the dtails! I'm sure there will be a way for them to fix it well.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
any update on this?

MBee

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately we are still going through the mess with their insurance company, as they said "photos don't prove anything". It's been over 5 months now and I just want to be done with it. We'll be finding out today or early next week what the outcome is. It's currently being assessed by an independent jeweller here in Australia, at the insurance company's request.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the update MBee, I'm so sorry this has turned into such a hassle...I would think photos are pretty good proof :confused: Any further news?

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry about the hassle (and the ring). Thanks for the update. I have been checking in to see if you had resolved the issue. Either way, such a shame that the jeweler did this to such a gorgeous piece! Is the issue whether or not the insurance co will cover restoration? Or is it whether or not they will compensate you to find an equivalent (if that is possible)?

MBee

Rough_Rock
^^judging from the way we've been treated by them, they are annoyed that we are pursuing compensation at all. The ring has been completely destroyed, so I worry any attempt to "restore" it here in Australia will only cause more damage. Here's hoping that this mess can be resolved this week and we can start planning our wedding..

TXJewel

Rough_Rock
I'm so sorry you are going through this. Any updates?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results