shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on princess specs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

keeplooking

Rough_Rock
Looking for some feedback on an EGL-LA diamond:
1.51 CT
6.45 x 6.43 x 4.53
Clarity: SI1
Color: I
Depth: 70.5
Table: 79
Crown: 5.2
Pavilion: 59.7
Girdle: Thin to very thick polished
Polish: VG
Symmetry: VG
Price: $4,082.00

Specifically, is the table too large? What is the reputation of the EGL-LA labratory? (I''ve read quite a bit on the EGL-Israel and EGL-NY.) What is ideal for the girdle? Is this a good price--it''s one of the best I''ve seen.
Thanks! I have really enjoyed learning from this forum, but this is my first post!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is not way too deep at least. It may look super. We can't tell just by numbers. If you have not already run it through my do it yourself, DIY, cut grader, please feel free to get a cut grade. Even if it scores below the ideal range, it may look excellent to your eyes and may be a very satisfactory diamond. Not every diamond that makes people very happy is an ideal cut. There are many more that aren't. The final determination is driven by your thought process and what is available in the market that makes you most pleased.

barry

Shiny_Rock
keeplooking;

The combination of 79% Table with 5.2 crown height
suggests siginificant light leakage.
Crown heights should be 10%+ and the total depth should exceed
the table%.
Pavillion depth of 59%+ is too deep. Should be in the
range of 57-58%.

I'd advise you to keep looking.

Barry
www.superbcert.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results