shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on Montana Sapphires

gatorgrad

Rough_Rock
Hi all -
I'm looking for an ~8x6mm stone with greenish-blue or greyish-blue coloration (bright, but not too saturated/gemmy - blue should be the primary color). Prefer cushion or radiant style cuts, though I think an oval would also work. Up to $3.5k for the stone. Will be set in a two tone setting (link here). That's all led me to look mostly at Montana sapphires. I'm seeing what I can source while the jeweler does the same - I'm not interested in commissioning a stone for this project.

I've run through the vendor list (which is great!) and have a few favorites I'm thinking about bringing in. This one I'm not sure about - seems that I see a tilt window in it when it's moved in the video. Was hoping for an opinion on it.

I'll post pictures if/when I do bring in the ones for comparison.

Thanks!!

voce

Ideal_Rock
The tilt window on there is small and doesn't bother me. There is some gray, but that is to be expected in general of Montana sapphires. Because I like to get the best value when I make a purchase, I would compare gems from the same vendor as to color, size, and price, and only make a choice or a decision after I take everything into consideration.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
You need a diamond.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results