shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on chosing a Cushion from this list or suggestions

deere

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,

Been a long time lurker and learned a lot from reading everyones discussion here. Decided to throw my hat in the ring and my time finally came to shop for a diamond. I narrowed down she wanted a cushion cut and I am able to generally afford something between 1.5-1.8cts around a G color or better and SI1 or better. I'd obviously be flexible as long as it looks eye clean. It will be set in platinum with a halo so I didn't want to sacrifice color to much so there wouldn't be any obvious contrast. I'm looking for something really brilliant without a crushed ice look. I narrowed down to some of these and would love to hear feedback, suggestions of a better option/deal, or which one here you would go with. I'd prefer something not elongated for the sake of how it'd look in the setting.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to review these:

This one right now is my #1, I really like the pavilions on it:
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/1.70-carat-g-color-vs2-clarity-sku-8214890

These are the other two I've been considering:
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/1.61-carat-g-color-vs1-clarity-sku-10198567
and
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/1.70-carat-g-color-vs2-clarity-sku-9340353

Looked at this one too but would rather not spend spend more than I have to:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

deere

Rough_Rock
I would also consider this. It's an amazing diamond from one of the best hand forged designers. A million times better than anything on James Allen. But of course if your gf dislikes it then definitely ignore it.

I definitely will have her take a look, and just to be transparent I'm just shopping loose diamonds my original plan is to have a jeweler close to me do a custom setting.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely will have her take a look, and just to be transparent I'm just shopping loose diamonds my original plan is to have a jeweler close to me do a custom setting.

What is the setting? Victor canera's work is some of the best available anywhere and is hand forged.

anon34985

Shiny_Rock
What is the setting? Victor canera's work is some of the best available anywhere and is hand forged.

Agreed, I was suggesting the ring as a whole if your partner likes it! I would have to assume this setting is of superior quality to your local jeweller (not knocking your jeweller at all, it's just VC is regarded as one of the best!), so it would for sure be a shame to dismantle the ring! Here is the IG post of it so you can see it a bit better!
https://www.instagram.com/p/CG-1gVEB_cL/

deere

Rough_Rock
Thanks Anon for the link that definitely helps put it in perspective so I can show her this morning.

@lovedogs I've heard great things about his work and will have to reach out to him. Hand forged is something that really is a lost art it seems. She generally wants a halo setting with a split shank pave? leading up to it. Platinum. Nothing too complicated but wanted to make sure it wouldn't be something premade where the diamond doesn't fit well etc.

anon34985

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Anon for the link that definitely helps put it in perspective so I can show her this morning.

@lovedogs I've heard great things about his work and will have to reach out to him. Hand forged is something that really is a lost art it seems. She generally wants a halo setting with a split shank pave? leading up to it. Platinum. Nothing too complicated but wanted to make sure it wouldn't be something premade where the diamond doesn't fit well etc.

Did she love it?! :D

deere

Rough_Rock
She actually did like it, said it was a beautiful setting although still stuck on a halo. Would there be any concerns resizing since she's a ring size 7?

Txborn79

Shiny_Rock
She actually did like it, said it was a beautiful setting although still stuck on a halo. Would there be any concerns resizing since she's a ring size 7?

I would contact the seller and have them ask VC if it was possible and if VC would do it.

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
If she only “liked” it and wants a halo then that says enough. Get her a cushion halo and make it her own.

deere

Rough_Rock
Your definitely right @Fancygems

Hard part is picking a stone, it's so easy to fret every little detail im tempted to buy one and just use the return policy if it doesn't live up to the expectations

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results