shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on appraisal

SweetPea419

Rough_Rock
Hello all! I'm hoping someone can provide some advice and direction on having a vintage ring appraised. My fiance purchased a vintage old European cut stone from a reputable Etsy store. The jewelry store provided their appraisal but it doesn't seem to be very detailed. I feel like there should be something more official for insurance purposes. When I talked with local jewelers, they mentioned that they would appraise it as according to modern brilliant cut ratings. Is that correct? Should something ever happen to this ring, I would definitely not want to replace it with anything other than a comparable OEC stone.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've asked the moderators to move your question to the Rocky Talky forum - you're more likely to get a response there.

In the mean time - have you checked the list of appraisers under the "resources" tab? An independent appraiser, not associated with a jewelry store, is more likely to give you an appraisal that takes into account the fact that your diamond is an OEC rather than a MRB.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results