shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on a cushion

CusionMan

Rough_Rock
Hi All

I'm looking for a cushion cut for an engagement ring (see below). Light performance is pretty important to me, want something with a chunk facet appearance, trying to avoid crushed ice look. I was curious what people thought of the stone at the link below. Looking at the report, the ASET image makes the stone look like the edges aren't consistent, like the width changes across the face of the stone? Is this just me?

https://august-vintage-inc.myshopif...vs2-august-vintage-cushion-brilliant-74427972

Otherwise, this seems like a pretty good stone. The occlusions don't seem to big based on the picture. The report was published a year ago, it makes me wonder if something is 'wrong' with it, it hasn't moved. Any opinions, or other suggestions, are appreciated.

Looking for
Color: DEFG
Carat: 1.50 - 1.65 ish
Clarity: VS1 to VVS1
Budget: 16K for stone

Best
CushionMan

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All

I'm looking for a cushion cut for an engagement ring (see below). Light performance is pretty important to me, want something with a chunk facet appearance, trying to avoid crushed ice look. I was curious what people thought of the stone at the link below. Looking at the report, the ASET image makes the stone look like the edges aren't consistent, like the width changes across the face of the stone? Is this just me?

https://august-vintage-inc.myshopif...vs2-august-vintage-cushion-brilliant-74427972

Otherwise, this seems like a pretty good stone. The occlusions don't seem to big based on the picture. The report was published a year ago, it makes me wonder if something is 'wrong' with it, it hasn't moved. Any opinions, or other suggestions, are appreciated.

Looking for
Color: DEFG
Carat: 1.50 - 1.65 ish
Clarity: VS1 to VVS1
Budget: 16K for stone

Best
CushionMan

I'm not a cushion expert, but this looks gorgeous to me. I do feel like D's can sit a little longer because many people don't want to pay the color premium. Or maybe it was a trade? Are you okay with a VS2 then, or just this one?

Also, are you specifically looking for an August Vintage or any antique style cushion? I'm sure you know this, but there are different styles of cushions.

CusionMan

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback. Honestly I'd prefer a VS1, but this VS2 looks pretty good. I'm not specifically looking for an August Vintage, this is just what I've found that has the desired look.

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the feedback. Honestly I'd prefer a VS1, but this VS2 looks pretty good. I'm not specifically looking for an August Vintage, this is just what I've found that has the desired look.

CusionMan, there is another thread where someone is looking for a cushion with a bit of info. One of our regulars posted this link that may be a good start in figuring out what type of cushion you want.

I do think the AVs are gorgeous. A little pricey, but I think worth it to have the peace of mind of good light return. A genuine, well cut antique cushion is also very sought after and worth the hunt. I personally think the colorless stones may lend themselves to a more modern cut, but that is totally personal preference.

@tyty333 I hope you don't mind me posting the link you put in the other cushion thread?
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...rience-in-making-a-harry-winston-halo.183473/

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! That looks lovely :)

clcat120

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Truly beautiful stone...I cannot comment price wise but I assume a very big premium is baked into this cut style..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results