color
clarity

Advice needed

Loveswine

Rough_Rock
My first post, yay! :)

I'm trying to compare two diamonds,
https://www.bluenile.com/fi/diamond-details/LD13739582 and

Both are 1.83 ct J-color, triple Ex. I'm going to get pictures of the first one on Monday the latest. I think the second one looks really nice, but I really prefer the clarity of the first one even though the second one is also completely eye clean. What do you think? Oh, and the website has to be Blue Nile, since I'm in Europe, so can't purchase from a solely US-based website.

The setting will most probably be rose gold with platinum prongs (four prong setting). What do you think?

Loveswine

Rough_Rock
And here are pics of the reports showing the percentages - can’t add the reports for some reason. The ”flawless one” is the one with internal graining, the other is the VS1.

CE46FEBF-3D18-4FF1-B105-C5F0EEE666CB.png 9F27EA29-0A56-4825-8C4D-E9B6F5C45173.png

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the second diamond, as I'm personally not a fan of 60/60 diamonds, which is what the first one is.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
41.6 pavilion is ridiculously deep on the first one.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Second one is way better. Pavilion angle on the first one is a definite no-go for me.

ETA First one is also kinda flat. I like a little more lift to the profile, as you'd get in the second one.

Loveswine

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the replies! I really like the look of the second one as well. Is it overall a nice diamond, do you think?

The ring is going to be an anniversary (15 years) / birthday present (for me). Before I didn't like round brilliants as much as emerald cuts, but a rb of this size would pair really really well with my original wedding band, which is channel set.

Carmensandiego31

Rough_Rock
Hi there,
I’m not an expert but I do remember when looking for my own diamond I specifically paid attention to HCA score. This can help you determine how fiery a diamond will be. I’ve put a link for a page on PS talking a bit about it. Something to consider!

Best of luck!

Loveswine

Rough_Rock
Thanks, I chose the second one. The hca score is 1.4, which I think is OK. :)

Loveswine

Rough_Rock
Yes, will do! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results