shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice Needed - Wedding Band for Tension Set Helix Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Joe Kash

Rough_Rock
I have to say, this site is awesome. I am learning so much from just reading everyones blogs. However, I didn''t see any answers for a buning question that I have regarding a matching wedding band for an Abaci Tension Set Helix ring (pictured below). I already purchased the ring (has a Princess cut .78 ct D excellent cut diamond... a real beaute) and totally forgot about the wedding band. The ring is roughly 5mm at the base of the ring and feel that it would be too massive to have a wedding band adding another 3-4mm in addition to that. I called up the ring shop that I purchased the ring from and they do not have any viewable pictures of a mock wedding band that they say is supposedly a match. Pictures of their wax examples of the matching wedding band follow this posting.

Does anyone know if a wedding band is avaliable for this style ring, and if not, is it possible to design one to my own specifications?

I look forward to your response and can''t wait to spend some significant time browsing this site.
~ Joe Kash

Joe Kash

Rough_Rock
Their mock wedding band

12144211.jpg

Joe Kash

Rough_Rock
Some other picture that they sent me, doesn''t look any better.

image001MA14761711-0004.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really think that ring is wide enough to be a stand-alone e-ring and wedding band. But my first action would be to check with Abaci to see if they make a matching wedding band. If they do not, then I''d have someone make about a 2.5 mm one which could have small diamonds or be plain metal. I am thinking you might have to have them soldered together for them to stay together and not damage the other ring.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Joe:
Welcome to PS!
35.gif
I love your ring!
30.gif

I have a wedding ring with a similar design "feel" as your ring. It's not a true tension setting. The shank is pretty wide (5mm) and I don't wear a wedding band with it. From time to time I've thought about adding a very thin diamond band (2mm) on each side but really like the clean lines of the ring as it stands by itself. The desire for a wedding band does come up, but then the practicality of trying to get something to "fit" into this design without being too wide is just too much for my little pea brain
2.gif
so I just wear it by itself. I do really like the clean, sleek, modern look that it has without a wedding band.

I think your ring looks fabulous without a wedding band too!
36.gif

suzyqzringcombo.jpg

Joe Kash

Rough_Rock
I also like the "clean lines" of your ring, that''s what attracted me to purchasing this one. However, everyone that knows about the ring, aside from the one who wil hopefully wear it, keeps telling me that I sould get a band to match. I really don''t know what to do regarding buying one or just trying to see that how she really feels about it after I propose.

Btw, Abaci does make something as a wedding band "match" but i feel that it would be entirely too much. As you hinted at before, keep it clean and simple.

Does anyone have this styled ring on here and if so, what did you end up doing. I would also like the 2 cents of those who don''t have this styled ring if you would like to contribute.

Thanks

Attachments

• 1.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 551

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2008 2:16:58 PM
Author: Joe Kash
I also like the 'clean lines' of your ring, that's what attracted me to purchasing this one. However, everyone that knows about the ring, aside from the one who wil hopefully wear it, keeps telling me that I sould get a band to match. I really don't know what to do regarding buying one or just trying to see that how she really feels about it after I propose.

Btw, Abaci does make something as a wedding band 'match' but i feel that it would be entirely too much. As you hinted at before, keep it clean and simple.

Does anyone have this styled ring on here and if so, what did you end up doing. I would also like the 2 cents of those who don't have this styled ring if you would like to contribute.

Thanks
You don't need the wedding band to propose. So why not wait until after and then she can decide whether or not she wants a band and what style (with or without diamonds, etc.)? Maybe even try some on to see if she likes the look and the feel on her finger next to her diamond ring? Just my 2cents.
1.gif

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2008 2:16:58 PM
Author: Joe Kash
I also like the ''clean lines'' of your ring, that''s what attracted me to purchasing this one. However, everyone that knows about the ring, aside from the one who wil hopefully wear it, keeps telling me that I sould get a band to match. I really don''t know what to do regarding buying one or just trying to see that how she really feels about it after I propose.

Btw, Abaci does make something as a wedding band ''match'' but i feel that it would be entirely too much. As you hinted at before, keep it clean and simple.

Does anyone have this styled ring on here and if so, what did you end up doing. I would also like the 2 cents of those who don''t have this styled ring if you would like to contribute.

Thanks
If you haven''t yet proposed, don''t buy a custom wedding band!! I can''t see any reason to do that now. Wait and see what she wants to do -- she may prefer to wear a plain band and move her ering to her other hand. Some folks prefer a plain band that they can wear alone if they are traveling, etc., and sometimes custom bands don''t work alone. Once you get to the point of buying wedding rings (which is far from the first thing most people do when they plan a wedding), she can make these decisions and pick out what she wants.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

Hi Joe - I also have a diamond ring that I wear alone, in lieu of a e-ring/wedding band combo.

I would suggest having a separate plain metal wedding band for her to wear when she is travelling, at the gym, cleaning, gardening, and otherwise doing activities where she doesn''t want to wear that beautiful diamond ring. I know you are looking for something to wear together, but that ring really looks great alone.

Here is mine.

plat 1.50 third try.jpg

Joe Kash

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for the ease of mind. As you can see, this was eating away at me.

I like all the rings that everyone posted to this thread and look forward to talking again with all of you. Oh, I almost forgot, I''ll post pictures of the ring after I pop the question at the top of Rockefeller Plaza in NY. Hope to talk to you all soon and thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results