shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice needed please. Help me pick a ring

Aicila

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I hope everyone and their families are safe and comfortable at this time.

I've posted here before about wanting an eternity/ half-eternity band for my e-ring and narrowed my options down to a Kobelli ring that's very similar to CVB's Norah. However, I am terribly indecisive and especially so about shiny things, so I wanted PS's opinion on another contender. I am not based in the US so cannot try on to decide.

Please help me choose from the below. Both are similarly-priced and will have G-H, VS2-SI1 stones. I wear a Size 6. I will likely pair this ring with another band or solitaire later on.

Ring 1 - Original Kobelli Ring
7 stone, 1.24 cttw (each stone app. 18 pointers), 14kt gold

Pros:
Secure - 6 prongs for each stone
Beautiful antique setting
Full top finger coverage
Low profile
Should be easy to pair with a solitaire or another band later on

Cons:
Concerned that all those prongs on the end stones will be uncomfortable between my fingers
Don't particularly like round cut stones

download.png

Ring 2 - 5-stone fancy cut band

5 stone, 1.04 cttw, (each stone app. 20 pointers), 18kt Gold

Pros:
Utilises my two favourite cuts - emerald & oval cut
Definitely unusual look
Looks very comfortable

Cons:
May not have full top finger coverage
Seems higher profile so may be difficult to pair with another band or solitaire later on

download (1).png

Thank you for your time and any advice!!!

Attachments

• download.png
    download.png
    437.4 KB · Views: 54

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with you about the height of the second ring. I think it will be very difficult to add to an engagement ring (maybe with separator rings).

I'd be more interested in the first ring due to that problem. I do prefer the Norah over that setting though. Not sure if it falls in your budget.

Aicila

Rough_Rock
Thank you @tyty333. I agree with your sentiments.

Re: the Norah, unfortunately that ring is out of my budget.

Aicila

Rough_Rock
*bump*

Anyone else? Is there another forum that this should be moved to?

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
#1 for sure - #2 looks "dated" to me, and not in a good way. #1 looks classic.

Aicila

Rough_Rock
Thank you @ecf8503. That's a good way to think of Ring 1 - classic. I definitely want something that I don't want to get bored of.

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Echoing what has been said already; go for classic for the e-ring. Later on you can go for a RHR that incorporates the EC and ovals! The prongs wouldn't be an issue for me. Even if the prongs bug you at first, you'll probably get used to them fairly quickly.

Aicila

Rough_Rock
Thank you @737lizakg .

That's 3 votes for Ring 1, 0 for Ring 2.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Why don't you reach out to Caysie and see if she can help you? Sometimes she has specials that she runs, or has orders that people back out of in her safe. If you really would like that setting, maybe she can help you.

I prefer the first for what it is worth.

Do you like this:

Last edited:

Aicila

Rough_Rock
Thanks @elizat for the suggestions and your vote.

I will check out the Ivy and Rose ring you linked.

AJully

Rough_Rock
That second ring is gorgeous. I would get the MM height and try on a band of comparable height. I feel silly that I'm the only one who thinks so.

Aicila

Rough_Rock
@AJully - I really like the 2nd ring too. I love the mix of stones. But maybe for a RHR?

MsCocoChanel

Rough_Rock
I really really love the oval and emerald band but agree with the previous posters - it would be best as a stand alone ring or RHR. You may be able to pair it with a plain metal wedding band (same width) which I think would look stunning and classic!

Honestly, I’m not in love the 1st band. I feel like the setting overshadows the beauty of the diamonds and it would also be difficult to pair with other rings. Just my personal opinion. Good luck!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you sure about the diamond quality on the Kobelli ring? The website says H-I, I1-I2 stones.

minniezhang

Rough_Rock
Both rings are beautiful, but I like the second one better, especially if you like the cut better.

Aicila

Rough_Rock
@DrCocoChanel - Gaaah! I really like that band too. My intention was to pair it with a simple solid metal band so maybe...?

@Snowdrop13 - Yes, its 1440 for that quality (H, I1-2) but was quoted approximately 1800 to upgrade to G, VS2-SI1.

@minniezhang - Thank you. Yes, it's the unusual cut combo that is calling to me.

Ring 1 - 4 votes
Ring 2 - 3 votes

Aicila

Rough_Rock
*bump*

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The first ring is beautiful. Since there is a concern about diamond quality, I would listen to suggestions on custom sourcing the stones and custom making the ring. I would not settle on I1-I2 quality.

The second ring to me looks like a clash, the cuts do not match well and/or the way the ring is put together is not pleasing to the eye.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with @Sunstorm. I prefer the low profile and elegant classic aesthetic of ring one but wouldn't settle for lowe quality stones so would want to search for a ring that has higher quality diamond whether that means custom or just finding another ring.

However if you just do not like round stones I would start the search over and find something else that goes well with your ER that you do love. Don't settle.

Aicila

Rough_Rock
@Sunstorm and @missy - Thank you both very much for your input. I agree with your point re: the quality of stones. Kobelli has given us a quote to have the stones upgraded to G, VS2-SI1 which I would think should be suitable for 18 pointers?

What is the take on metal purity? Should the gold be upgraded to 18kt?

Ring 1 - 6 votes
Ring 2 - 3 votes

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results