shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice needed for body piercing gem business

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

simon43

Rough_Rock
Hi - I live in the UK and travel every fortnight to Thailand - to visit my girlfriend in Bangkok and to work on my main business, (mobile text messaging services). I have a one year Business visa to enter Thailand as many times as I wish.

It occured to me that my frequent visits to Thailand might allow me to run a secondary business! I'' thinking of buying loose diamonds (or other gem-stones) in Thailand, importing them into the UK, and then setting them for sale as body piercing jewellrey, such as tongue studs etc. (Most of this type of jewellrey that i have seen are simply plastic items or CZ etc).

Anyone got any comments and advice about this idea? I know I have to pay UK VAT on imports, but my business should be able to reclaim this. Any ideas about what sort of diamonds to buy? What about potential demand for this type of jewellrey? (This is only an idea for a second business, so I''m not too concerned if everyone tells me that it would be a non-starter!!)

Thanks

Simon
twirl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results