• 0.6ctw studs with jackets

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 1.0ctw studs

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters

Frenchcut

Shiny_Rock
Me again!

Now that I have my e-ring I'm starting looking for earstuds that I intend to buy in November online :naughty:

But before I start the hunt for the perfect matching stones I need some advice regarding the size of the studs. I find it hard to choose between:
- a pair of 0.3 carat diamonds (0.6ctw) in a 3 prong martini setting
- a pair of 0.3 carat diamonds (0.6ctw) in a 3 prong martini setting + a pair of diamond jackets (like the one sold on Whiteflash)
- a pair of 0.5 carat diamonds (1.0ctw) in a 3 prong martini setting
I could go as low as I-J SI for the pair of diamonds but want a VG/Ex cut.

My budget is 2000$, the setting is sold for 195$ on Whiteflash and the pair of jackets goes for 495$. That would leave me either 1300$ to spend on two 0.3carat diamonds (+jackets), or 1800$ to spend on two 0.3/0.5carat diamonds (without jackets). With current prices I think the pair of 0.5ct is out of my reach within this budget but I could stretch it a bit.

Now, I need some help to choose: does anyone know how big will be a 0.3ct diamond with a jacket? I don't know the diameter of the jacket...I just know that 0.3ct is around 4.3mm and 0.5ct is around 5mm. Also, what do you think would look better : 0.3ct with jacket or 0.5ct alone?

I already browsed through the show me your earstuds theard but still find it hard to make a choice!

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Frenchcut

Shiny_Rock
Cool, thank you for the threads, it gives a good idea of the size difference with/without a jacket!

Frenchcut

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your votes, but now I'm thinking of something else: 0.8ctw studs that would be slightly less expensive than the 1.0ctw studs but better looking than the 0.6ct! And I would choose stones that can be upgraded just in case ;-)

Do you think that it's possible a 0.4ct diamond in a 3 prong martini setting with a jacket for a 0.5 ct stone? Would the gap be to noticeable?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results