shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice needed about Tiffany embrace

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all!! Im hoping im posting this in the right place. :)
I recently purchased this preowned Tiffany embrace sapphire and diamond band at an amazing price
20210702_185631.jpg

20210702_142449.jpg

Its in great shape, and i love it the sapphires very much. The problem is that i was told by the seller that it was much larger than it actually is. As far as i can tell, without the sizing beads, its about a 4.5. :(
I cant return it. I was thinking of just selling it, but maybe i am jumping the gun. Finally, i get to my question: does anyone here know (or think) if Tiffanys would be able to size it up at least 1.5 sizes?? I know if i call tiffany they will just tell me they need to see it, and ill end up having to mail it in. I would hate to do that just to have to pay to get it shipped back to me.
Thanks all!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know you said you love the ring and it is very pretty, I hope you will be able to have it sized and keep it.

If this was an EBay purchase and the size is not as described in the listing, you may be able to return it. Of course it would probably be just as easy to list it on LT but thought I would mention that.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I know you said you love the ring and it is very pretty, I hope you will be able to have it sized and keep it.

If this was an EBay purchase and the size is not as described in the listing, you may be able to return it. Of course it would probably be just as easy to list it on LT but thought I would mention that.

Thank you! I hope so too. I was just wondering if someone had been in a similar situation with a similar ring, and what their verdict was.
Annd when i say "can"t" return it, i mean, i feel unsafe doing so. This was a highly disturbing transaction, in which the seller didnt insure the ring (im lucky to have received it) but did insure a second package that was a BAG of DRESSES that she also sent me. I messaged her and asked her if she wanted the dresses back, but i never heard a word. So. I dont feel comfortable doing a return. I know when to quit. :???:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yikes! Okay then, I can understand not wanting to return it. Sometimes I wonder what is up with people, like the guy that mailed me an 18k antique ring in a cardboard box for a fuse. It was further wrapped in dirty clear plastic and stuffed in a bubble mailer. We are lucky to get some of these EBay items!

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yikes! Okay then, I can understand not wanting to return it. Sometimes I wonder what is up with people, like the guy that mailed me an 18k antique ring in a cardboard box for a fuse. It was further wrapped in dirty clear plastic and stuffed in a bubble mailer. We are lucky to get some of these EBay items!

Wow. :shock: Yes we totally are lucky!! I think i might call tiffany next week and see if i can leave a message for the repair dept. I would be willing to wait for a reply. But i have a feeling i know what they will say, ugh.
If anyone has any input, tho, it would be greatly appreciated!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tiffany may also simply refuse to service it without purchase paperwork; this is becoming increasingly common.

Do you have a local Tiffany boutique? I would strongly recommend going in-person if possible - if your local boutique accepts it for servicing then they’ll mail it out to the workshop for you.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Tiffany may also simply refuse to service it without purchase paperwork; this is becoming increasingly common.

Do you have a local Tiffany boutique? I would strongly recommend going in-person if possible - if your local boutique accepts it for servicing then they’ll mail it out to the workshop for you.

Really!! Thats terrible. :(
I was thinking about going in person. You are correct about better service. I remember i once brought in my locket (purchased preowned, no paperwork) that the hinge was loose on, and the SA apologized profusely and did the work for free. I wish i had a closer boutique. Maybe i will call and see what they say 1st. If there's a problem i can take it in then.
Do you think the actual sizing would be a problem? I know 1/2 eternity bands have sizing limits, but this is not quite 1/2.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Update!!! i was told via tiffany chat that this particular ring can be sized up 2 full sizes. After that, the ring may need a rebuild. In any case, i think 2 sizes should be enough. Im so excited that i may be able to keep it!! :dance:

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Somehow I missed this thread. I'm so happy to hear the outcome! That ring is gorgeous!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all!! Im hoping im posting this in the right place. :)
I recently purchased this preowned Tiffany embrace sapphire and diamond band at an amazing price
20210702_185631.jpg

20210702_142449.jpg

Its in great shape, and i love it the sapphires very much. The problem is that i was told by the seller that it was much larger than it actually is. As far as i can tell, without the sizing beads, its about a 4.5. :(
I cant return it. I was thinking of just selling it, but maybe i am jumping the gun. Finally, i get to my question: does anyone here know (or think) if Tiffanys would be able to size it up at least 1.5 sizes?? I know if i call tiffany they will just tell me they need to see it, and ill end up having to mail it in. I would hate to do that just to have to pay to get it shipped back to me.
Thanks all!!

It’s beautiful @meesmom I had the one with blue sapphires. I changed out my sapphires to diamonds because they got abraded from everyday use. I don’t want that to happen to you. I wasn’t extra careful with it so that’s the problem. If you’re aware of it most likely it will be fine...
If you don’t have a mind clean thing about someone else sizing it besides Tiffany...I would totally trust David Klass to resize the ring. Just make sure he leaves in the Tiffany stamp. He will send you a prepaid label if you ask him so it will be insured during the time it’s shipping in UPS... His insurance also covers for loss while it’s at his shop..

okthen

Rough_Rock
Yes!

I just had a Tiffany ring resized without any paperwork in Australia.

It cost AUD $355 and they said they can go up/down two sizes for most rings, but changes beyond that they have to check with their workshop as it can compromise the original design.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Somehow I missed this thread. I'm so happy to hear the outcome! That ring is gorgeous!

Yes!

I just had a Tiffany ring resized without any paperwork in Australia.

It cost AUD $355 and they said they can go up/down two sizes for most rings, but changes beyond that they have to check with their workshop as it can compromise the original design.

It’s beautiful @meesmom I had the one with blue sapphires. I changed out my sapphires to diamonds because they got abraded from everyday use. I don’t want that to happen to you. I wasn’t extra careful with it so that’s the problem. If you’re aware of it most likely it will be fine...
If you don’t have a mind clean thing about someone else sizing it besides Tiffany...I would totally trust David Klass to resize the ring. Just make sure he leaves in the Tiffany stamp. He will send you a prepaid label if you ask him so it will be insured during the time it’s shipping in UPS... His insurance also covers for loss while it’s at his shop..

Hello @OdetteOdile ! Thank you! I sent it out on Tuesday, and havent heard back yet....lets hope that its all doable. Fingers crossed.
Hi @MamaBee ! Thank you! I very much admire the work you had done by David Klass. Thats actually my plan, if the sapphires get worn or chipped (as of now, they look ok). I do prefer the all diamond look, but the sapphires are nice too, for now. I didnt think about using DK for the sizing tho, but if Tiffany gives me any issues, i will def. use him as my back up. :)
Hi @okthen , yes thats exactly what they told me, and i asked them to check on this paticular style. They did and told me yes, that its doable. I hope it all works out because the ring registers as a 3.25 on my mandrel bc of the rather large sizing beads. I think its 4-4.5 without them, but its hard to tell. :(

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just got a reply from Tiffanys and....they are going to size it!! And for such a surprisingly low amount. I am so happy i sent it in! :dance:

That’s great news @meesmom!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
It really is a beautiful ring. I love the embrace bands. Do you plan to wear this band with your Jovyn and your Riviere?

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
It really is a beautiful ring. I love the embrace bands. Do you plan to wear this band with your Jovyn and your Riviere?

Not sure yet...thats a great idea ;-)
It does look really great with my Jovyn (forgot to take a pic) and didnt even think of pairing it with the riviere as well!! :think:
I actually am having it sized to 6.5 ( my true size is about a 6) so that i can wear it as a replacement for my wedding set in summer. As i age i find my fingers swell much more in the heat than when i was younger. Then, in the winter when my fingers are normal, it will be a right hand ring, as my right hand is slightly larger than my left. Thats was the plan anyway. :)
But then i bought another tiffany band that was too good a deal (i need to stop looking at ebay!!!) I got a vintage 2mm channel full eternity, size 6.5. Not sure if it will be a long term keeper, or i will pass it along via loupetroop, but its nice to have for the summer. Its quite a sparkler!
20210713_184437.jpg

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Wow you really do find the deals on ebay!! Beautiful band - love a full eternity! We have a similar finger size, by the way. I think I'm finding that the perfect size for me is between 6 and 6.25. And yes, I hear you on summer finger swelling. Although I am usually in AC so they shrink back down! :lol:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Update!!! i was told via tiffany chat that this particular ring can be sized up 2 full sizes. After that, the ring may need a rebuild. In any case, i think 2 sizes should be enough. Im so excited that i may be able to keep it!! :dance:

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Wow you really do find the deals on ebay!! Beautiful band - love a full eternity! We have a similar finger size, by the way. I think I'm finding that the perfect size for me is between 6 and 6.25. And yes, I hear you on summer finger swelling. Although I am usually in AC so they shrink back down! :lol:

Thank you! But seriously, i need to stay away from eBay, and from loupetroop too (I bought a french cut ruby band recently as well). :shock:
My swelling gets worse every year it seems....even in the AC. :???:

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Its baaaacckk!! And it looks like a brand new ring! So glad i kept it and gave it a try! If i had one complaInt it would be that it was a tad big. My experience has been that Tiffany runs small, so i figured a 6.5 would be closer to a 6.25. Its 6.5 on the nose. But its still amazing! They even re-did the "tiffany & co." on the inside, since the "co" part was under a sizing bead. Now its marked platinum 2 times lol!
20210824_161036.jpg 20210824_162425.jpg 20210824_160944.jpg

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring!! I'm so glad that the resizing worked out for you!!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE it!! Absolutely gorgeous on you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results