shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice need on diamond ring please

Vonniexx

Rough_Rock
So, I was looking on ebay for a new diamond ring as I'm abit of a magpie and came across this. The seller doesn't have the carat diamond stated and says the diamond isn't the best. It is 9 karat gold. What would you say is a good price to offer?? And how many carats would you say it is? These are the only pics they have of it. All advice is appreciated xx Screenshot_20190804-122911_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20190804-122925_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20190804-122931_eBay.jpg

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
Depends what you are looking for. It’s extremely included and so I wouldn’t choose to buy it. The mounting is pretty though so I might repurpose it if I won it for next to nothing. What are they asking?

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with @Lovesparklesparle That diamond doesn’t appear to be worth much at all. I would think long & hard about what you want in a ‘stone’ because if this is the look you want (a cloudy, opaque stone) you can probably find other options for much less than the person is asking simply because it’s a diamond. If you want a stone that actually looks and performs like a diamond, this doesn’t appear to be it, and I’d recommend a sim over this If budget is a factor. Sorry if that’s harsh, but just being honest so you don’t throw money down the drain.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
In all honesty even from those ropey pictures it does look really bad.

Vonniexx

Rough_Rock
Screenshot_20190804-135641_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20190804-135658_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20190804-135602_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20190804-135552_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20190804-135545_eBay.jpg Thankyou guys! I appreciate your comments =)2 I wasnt looking for anything brand new, I like the vintage look/styles. They were asking £200 for it.i have asked for more pics so see what they come up with. I've also got my eye on these two rings also....what you think on them, the problem is though, they are in America lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190804-135635_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20190804-135635_eBay.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 9

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Vonniexx I imagine that would be a blingy set, but we really can’t tell whether they are quality items, well cut diamonds, or a ‘good buy’ just based on pictures. If you like them and the price seems reasonable to you & the seller offers a good return policy, perhaps buying them and seeing them in person is the way to go.

FWIW, between the two options, I’d go with the first mosaic option that appears to have 4 princess cuts vs the other one.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What is your budget? What style are you looking for?

Vonniexx

Rough_Rock
Not sure on budget....really depends if I fall in love with the ring ;)2 I'm not looking for a crystal clear diamond, so some flaws are fine. I like halo styles or styles similar to the pics above.xx

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All of these seem poor quality, IMHO. They won't have much life or sparkle. I would save the money for something better.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would suggest having a look for ‘diamond ring’ just on eBay uk. Go for jewellery/vintage & antique/fine. Then elimimate -9k -9ct -paste -silver -cz -plate (I may be teaching granny to suck eggs here but you just list each of those with a little dash in front - after you put down what you are searching for). Then you can refine to only ‘used’ or ‘not specified’ and ‘uk only’ list from lowest price onwards and go from there, I would discount anything from a private seller with no return policy.

All this is not to say that there won’t be plenty of other options out there but given that budget is low this seems to a good starting point.

I haven’t recommended anything specific as the rings you have posted seem to be so different in style.

Obviously just under fine jewellery there will also be many options I have found in the past that putting ‘diamond engagement ring’ or ‘solitaire diamond ring’ when searching just under ‘fine jewellery’ ‘used’ brings up some good options here.

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
If you want big, sparkly and blingy without the price tag look at simulants. Unfortunately for $200 you won’t find a quality genuine diamond, especially in a nice gold setting.

Edit: sorry I just reread that it was pounds

L

lydial

I think the setting of the super included diamond is very pretty. If the seller would consider a lower price, like 150 pounds (is that $225?) maybe it would be fun to wear once in a while?

Vonniexx

Rough_Rock
I think the setting of the super included diamond is very pretty. If the seller would consider a lower price, like 150 pounds (is that $225?) maybe it would be fun to wear once in a while?

I sent the seller a msg asking for more clearer pictures ,3 times and doesn't reply, so makes me suspicious.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sent the seller a msg asking for more clearer pictures ,3 times and doesn't reply, so makes me suspicious.
That's very weird. Even more reason not to buy

Vonniexx

Rough_Rock
Yep keeping well clear lol.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results