shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice for Cleaning Leather Handbag

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I have the zebra striped leather bag from Dooney and Bourke, and it got some weird stains on the white part of the leather......anybody have any suggestions for a gentle cleaning that won''t hurt the color or the leather?

dooneybzebra.jpg

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi! i tried using cetaphil skin cleanser on a leather bag and it did the trick. i just rubbed in on and wiped it off with a soft cloth. i guess you could try what ever you decide to use on the bottom first. hth.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joflier, can you call your Dooney SA and ask what they recommends for cleaning Dooney leather? That''d be my first step if I were you, that way you''re not taking any chances ruining or further staining your bag.

I''ve used leather wipes (the kind you clean your auto interior with) and the Magic Eraser on my off-white MbMJ bag and they both work well. Don''t rub too hard with the Magic Eraser if you try it as it will damage the leather. I have a tiny little spot on the bottom of my MbMJ zip clutch from getting a little too hasty, lol.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
i use Coach leather cleaner to clean it up my light leather bags. It works really well and doesn't rub off the color.

I tend to get denim/jean rub off on the corners of my light bags and the Coach cleaner manages to take it off without ruining the leather.

For a really dark stain, I leave it on very saturated for a few minutes. I have even removed pen marks on leather, but not sharpie pen marks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results