shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice before taking the plunge!

Menlikediamondstoo

Shiny_Rock
Hi all!

I had written quite a bit about wanting an asscher and I’m glad I never dove in because I went crazy when I first saw the hexagon step cut in person.

After talking to over 20 vendors around the world- I learned that it is very hard to find a hexagon step cut at 8mm+. I’ve viewed 2 1 carats in person, and I was shocked at how much fire (even more than an asscher) they have.

This one is currently in India. It was just finished being cut and not yet sent to GIA.

1.55 g/h vs2/si1 price $13,500

I know the price is a bit high- but in this case, I’ve realized I can’t be picky about color- clarity or anything (including price) as they are hard to come by and the prices for having a stone custom cut were very high.

Obviously I need to get a video of the stone which I will have in a few days but I love the shape of it.

I know this is a poor quality photo, but I think this may be the one! Thoughts?

I drew a red lines showing how I would set it in a band.
CA5E08BD-02CB-4767-B9DA-5FF1296F59CA.jpeg

Attachments

• B4C8141F-CE53-45EA-967B-AAC95611289E.jpeg
    B4C8141F-CE53-45EA-967B-AAC95611289E.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 29

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

Menlikediamondstoo

Shiny_Rock
Is there a return period for this diamond? The shape is certainly interesting, but I don’t know much about them and how they are priced. I would want to see such a specialty cut in person before committing to it and spending close to $14k.

ETA: these are not newly cut, but maybe can be a point of reference regarding pricing:

https://www.jewelsbygrace.com/80ct-old-mine-cut-hexagon-solitaire
https://www.jewelsbygrace.com/1-48-hexagon-shaped-diamond-gia-h-si1

Thank you! And I agree. It’s a lot to commit to. And thank you for your links. Thoes two stone are brilliant cut (from what I can see) what I love about this is that it is step cut.

Here is a link to one that I first saw when I first knew I had to have it!

If this stone looks anything like the one in the video- I’ll be happy!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! And I agree. It’s a lot to commit to. And thank you for your links. Thoes two stone are brilliant cut (from what I can see) what I love about this is that it is step cut.

Here is a link to one that I first saw when I first knew I had to have it!

If this stone looks anything like the one in the video- I’ll be happy!

I sent the links too quickly, the first one was an old mine, but the second link of the loose stone is a hexagon, although with a different faceting. GIA identified it as a Modified Hexagonal Mixed Cut. It has sold and it was a bit more elongated. It was priced at 6.9k and the stone was 1.48ct H SI1.

The first diamond that stole your heart seems to have been more elongated vs the current stone that you are considering. Who is the vendor offering the new stone and do you have a video?

Menlikediamondstoo

Shiny_Rock
I sent the links too quickly, the first one was an old mine, but the second link of the loose stone is a hexagon, although with a different faceting. GIA identified it as a Modified Hexagonal Mixed Cut. It has sold and it was a bit more elongated. It was priced at 6.9k and the stone was 1.48ct H SI1.

The first diamond that stole your heart seems to have been more elongated vs the current stone that you are considering. Who is the vendor offering the new stone and do you have a video?

Yes it was- but I like the less alomgayed because I want to set it with the flat edges going north and south. This way it wil be metal-diamond-metal.

It’s a jeweler in California. I’ve spoken to mulltiole dealers, vendors and diamond cutters and all I hear is how hard it is to come by the step cut hexagons. This jeweler in California sent me videos of 2 one carat stones he has- but the mm was smaller than what I was looking for. This one is not yet available as it was just cut- but will be shortly. Another jeweler I found had a beautiful hexagon ring they posted and they told me it too 4months to find the stone. I’ll be paying a retail price for sure, but it’s the only one I’ve come across that looks like it has huge potential. Vendors have been looking, and when they can’t find one, they show me rose cut and portiate cut hexagons instead of step cut.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results