shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice appreciated...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brian200001

Rough_Rock
Good afternoon everyone.

I am considering the purchase of a diamond online.
I''m trying to find a balance between size and decent quality without paying so much more for extreme quality that might only be appreciated by an expert.

Here is what I found. Please let me know what you think.

2.25 carats (Princess)
Premium (hearts and arrows cut) They said it had above average brilliance.
G Color
Si1 clarity (one pretty small cloud just off center of the table).
- I was assured that it is clean to the naked eye - Although the GIA report says "additional pin points not shown"

Depth is 71 pct.
Table is 72 pct.
Girdle is Med-thick
and Polish/Symmetry is very good/very good.
No Fluorescence

They are sending me the Sarin Report next week and the price of the Diamond is 16,800

Comments are appreciated.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey brian
35.gif
welcome to ps!

i am curious about your listing of the stone being hearts & arrows. how did you determine that?

brian200001

Rough_Rock
... well.. the site graded the cut as Premium. And when you click on the cut, it shows that their premium is slightly above idea and categorized as "heart and arrow" range.

I took that with a grain of salt. But apparently its a really good cut. We''ll see.

I''m concerned about the little cloud in the center though.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2005 3:32:18 PM
Author: brian200001
... well.. the site graded the cut as Premium. And when you click on the cut, it shows that their premium is slightly above idea and categorized as ''heart and arrow'' range.

I took that with a grain of salt. But apparently its a really good cut. We''ll see.

I''m concerned about the little cloud in the center though.
i see where the confusion is coming from now.
hearts and arrows patterning is not a guarantee of cut quality and for anyone to insinuate it so, only adds to the confusion.
as far as the inclusion goes, you need to find out what the vendors description of ''eye-clean'' is. you can read more about eye-clean and definitions here

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
I am confused...I didn''t know traditional Princess cut stones displayed the hearts and arrows patterns?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2005 7:20:52 PM
Author: LadyluvsLuxury
I am confused...I didn''t know traditional Princess cut stones displayed the hearts and arrows patterns?
they don''t. that''s why anyone suggesting that any cut grade is better than another just because it''s in hearts & arrows ''range'' is crazy. h&a is a certain facet pattern that has little to do with overall cut. cut grades (in any shape) should be determined by actual proportions not the arrangement of facets. it sounds like someone is taking advantage of consumers by riding the coattails of superior cut stones that do in fact have h&a patterning.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
We really can''t tell you much until you get the Sarin. My concern with the clarity of your stone is, if it''s just the cloud making it an SI1, it could be a bad sign. Not necessarily, but something to check out. If you get the Sarin and the crown is >10% and the pavilion is around 60%, your stone is worth considering. Can you get an ideal scope image to examine the light leakage? The more info and photos you can provide the more we can help
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results