shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice about a good student microscope?

gemgirl59

Rough_Rock
Trade
I would love some input regarding a reasonably priced gem microscope. http://www.ottofrei.com/Store/Microscopes/GemOro-1030M-Elite-Microscope.html I am doing an online gemology program through IGS and need to purchase a microscope. I am very disabled, have little money to spend and wondered if this was ok for my needs and if I would need to purchase any additional eye pieces. Maybe someone knows where I can buy something just as good or better from a different retailer....I am all ears (guess that should be all EYES since we are reading, lol!) to recommendations since I have no instructors, "mentors" or friends in the field except for you friends on this website, being self taught with what I find online(the IGS home study program for identifying gems is $400., watching hundreds of hours of free jewelry making videos and slowly buying tools I need over the past year.) And I mean I am open to recommendation about anything for someone like me just starting out.....thanks to you all, I learn so much on PC!:wavey:

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Three-stone engagement ring upgrade
    Three-stone engagement ring upgrade
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    June’s Birthstone Trinity
    June’s Birthstone Trinity

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.