shape
carat
color
clarity

Advantage of very tiny gems

Lexililac

Shiny_Rock
Bildschirmfoto 2019-08-23 um 18.02.25.png

Finally I found a bit time to facet two gems out of that lot of cobalt spinels (mined in 2011). The big advantage is that those are so small that there is no space for inclusions:mrgreen: The camera did the color much to much dark. Will try to photograph them again on a sunny day.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I was not aware that you were a faceter yourself! Those spinels look amazing :love:.

Lexililac

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! Just a bloody and slowly amateur faceter. The super neon color unfortunately wasn't to catch on that cloudy late afternoon. They look here almost sapphire blue in the pic.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like fun!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
That colour... I would not even facet them, with a little polish on top they would look like drops of magic dye! (they remind me of tiny droplets of ruby inlayed in white jade in some fabled jewels - same bizarre intensity of colour in these & size)

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color...Wow!! Such a true blue:love:

Lexililac

Shiny_Rock
That colour... I would not even facet them, with a little polish on top they would look like drops of magic dye! (they remind me of tiny droplets of ruby inlayed in white jade in some fabled jewels - same bizarre intensity of colour in these & size)

Thanks for the idea! For the alluvial pieces thats a great idea.

Reactions: AV_

Lexililac

Shiny_Rock
Bildschirmfoto 2019-08-23 um 19.06.14.png

To just polish could be also a possibility for that one. Would hold it over a carat in that way. The dark spot in the middle is a iron mineral (ilmenite or hematite crystal i guess) witch is sitting on the surface of the slightly alluvial tumbled cobalt spinel. Here on the backside in that pic.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Nothing like these cobalt blues!

Nick_G

Shiny_Rock
Wow! When they are such an intense eye-popping colour as that, they don't need to be big. I'd LOVE to get hold of some octahedral crystals with that colour...

AV_

Ideal_Rock
To just polish could be also a possibility for that one. Would hold it over a carat in that way.

It is easy to imagine such a pebble in even the most formal setting, if you wished; since Cartier did their ruby & sapphire pebbles, there is no need for imagining such things, memory is enough!

I would be rather happy with a small-ish gypsy ring with such a thing; then again, those are my obsession.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Oh I love the octahedral crystals!

Lexililac

Shiny_Rock
It is easy to imagine such a pebble in even the most formal setting, if you wished; since Cartier did their ruby & sapphire pebbles, there is no need for imagining such things, memory is enough!

I would be rather happy with a small-ish gypsy ring with such a thing; then again, those are my obsession.

Some alluvial pebbles look really very amazing. Would be great fun to put together some well matching cobalts with rubies!

IMG_8031.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results