shape
carat
color
clarity

Addicted to Trading up!

Are you addicted to trading up your diamond/Have you done multiple upgrades with no end in sight?

• NO, and I think upgrades are greedy and will never be satisfied! (there, I said it, anonymously, but

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Yes, but only until I get to my "perfect size"

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Ok it seems like I might be in the early stages of addiction.. to trading up my diamond! Unfortunately, White Flash''s new policy is putting a damper on that
emsad.gif
. I know I have read several people who talk about their upgrade or their NEXT upgrade.. But will it ever end? Is there a size where you will be like "ok, this is it forever".

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I''m not an upgrader, at least not yet ... I''m too sentimental to ever want to swap my e-ring or anything else that symbolizes joy to me.

That said, once I get the "basics" down - my e-ring, a pendant, and earrings - I might feel otherwise. I quite rather like the idea of then having a piece that I continuously improve: it''d be the jewelry equivalent of having a car to tinker with! Somewhere down the line, I can see myself getting addicted to an ever-growing right-hand marquise ....

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I want to upgrade, but I will not give up my original, ever. I want 2 or more. I would be satisfied forever with 2-3 ct.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am in the catogory that I would like to upgrade, but cannot for financial reason....maybe one day...

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I never saw the point in upgrading. I''d much rather put the money to more and different jewelry than to continually redoing the same ring. But then I like having a variety of jewelry to choose from; if your e-ring is mostly all you wear then it makes sense to tinker with it as your taste and budget change.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Just a quick clarification for those folks who may not have read the prior thread discussion about our trade-up policy revision.....

Our trade-up policy has not changed for ACA or ES stones; those continue to be automatically eligible for trade-up moving forward.

The only change we made is that trade-ups for Premium Select and virtual inventory stones will not be automatic; they will require case-by-case approval at time of sale.

For clients who purchased virtual inventory under the old policy, we will continue to honor terms that were in place at the time of sale. If your stone was eligible then, it still is going forward. This revision affects only those who are purchasing under the new policy terms.

So, for example, Sizzle, as long as your future stone selections are ACA or ES stones, you'll still be able to qualify for the same upgrade terms you always have. If you choose a virtual stone, approval would be required to stipulate trade-up terms.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 2:18:26 PM
Author: Kismet
Personally, I never saw the point in upgrading. I''d much rather put the money to more and different jewelry than to continually redoing the same ring. But then I like having a variety of jewelry to choose from; if your e-ring is mostly all you wear then it makes sense to tinker with it as your taste and budget change.
Exactly.

The e-ring my husband designed and chose for me is especially sentimental to me, however, I have a right hand that likes to switch things up.

Like daily.
3.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I need a, "I may upgrade at some point but don''t have the funds right now," option.
9.gif
Or an, "I love my current diamond and have reset it and will reset it a million times more but who knows if I will ever upgrade the stone," option.

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I just saw your signature.. First of all WOW! and second.. How did you do that?

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 2:21:11 PM
Author: Allison D.
Just a quick clarification for those folks who may not have read the prior thread discussion about our trade-up policy revision.....

Our trade-up policy has not changed for ACA or ES stones; those continue to be automatically eligible for trade-up moving forward.

The only change we made is that trade-ups for Premium Select and virtual inventory stones will not be automatic; they will require case-by-case approval at time of sale.

For clients who purchased virtual inventory under the old policy, we will continue to honor terms that were in place at the time of sale. If your stone was eligible then, it still is going forward. This revision affects only those who are purchasing under the new policy terms.

So, for example, Sizzle, as long as your future stone selections are ACA or ES stones, you''ll still be able to qualify for the same upgrade terms you always have. If you choose a virtual stone, approval would be required to stipulate trade-up terms.
Yes Allison, thanks for making that clear. I guess I will just have to seek out the higher quality cut diamonds (not that I have EVER went into the barrel.. My diamond and previous diamond are FABULOUS.. and were rated 4*''s when that system was in place!.. I''m just obsessed with size now and want to focus on bigger and bigger and bigger

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 2:36:45 PM
Author: Sizzle

I just saw your signature.. First of all WOW! and second.. How did you do that?

I upload the photo to the gallery and then I link the location using Remove the asterix but keep the quotes and of course replace the location of the file and file name with the actuals.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted "yes but only until i get to my perfect size"

This was true for my er as in size, cut and setting, lol. I changed my whole ring before we were married and I will never upgrade this ring. I can only see changing the setting if this one eventually falls apart from wear.

As for rhrs, that a whole different story, this is where I plan on upgrading until my little heart is content.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I voted "yes, until I get to the perfect size", which I did with my last upgrade to a 2 ct RB. Not to say that I would turn down a 3 ct 20 years from now if DH decided he wanted to do that on his own, but 2 ct was always my dream size, so I have no plans to upgrade the diamond anymore. I would like to reset, however - I will be putting this stone into a 6-pong solitaire next year, and I want a nice Leon with sidestones for my 10 year anniversary :)

I did several upgrades with my original asscher, but I think that''s because the asscher shape just wasn''t right for me - unfortunately I had to go through 3 of them before I figured that out. When I got my H&A round brilliant, I was finally happy with the shape.

I still love ECs and cushions, but I never look at them and think that I want one for my ering - just that it''s pretty, and I wouldn''t turn one down for a RHR, but I think that my 2 ct RB is my "sweet spot" diamond.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I upgraded just once to nearly 2 carats so that's good enough for me. If/when shrinkage sets in, I will halo it. 2 carats in a halo will fix that in a jiffy.
2.gif

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
I will never trade my original .52 e-ring, but I did purchase (used money from selling on ebay!) a gorgeous diamond of similar size from WF. I plan to upgrade this one as funds allow, until I hit my magic size of 1.25 carat.

Not that I wouldn''t love something larger, of course, but I''ll be grateful for whatever I can get.
1.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I keep waiting for the jewelry bug to bite me again, because it''s been dormant since buying my engagement ring +wedding band. I''ve bought a $25 etsy necklace since then and that''s it
3.gif

Who knows, I''d hate to speak too soon, but I doubt I''ll ever feel like upgrading my meaningful pieces. Things like studs and pendants, sure, but for those I tend to prefer stones on the smaller side... so I think once I have them I''ll be done.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
I voted for "upgrading till perfect size". I have recently upgraded to 1.25ct RB (from 0.78 princess), which looks great on my small 4.5 size fingers, and I thought this would be ''it''. But I got to thinking that I should never say never. I wouldn''t turn down an upgrade to let''s say 2ct sometimes in the future
3.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I voted for getting the upgrade of the perfect size. My upgrade was a surprise almost 5 years ago. I am still thrilled, and have no plans for another upgrade.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

No first upgrade is my last--went from 1.5 to - 5.01 (6.12ctw). In fact I want to downsize--and maybe I''ll end up being a serial downgrader!

cheers--Sharon

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
For those who don''t believe in upgrades, would you wear a diamond bigger than your ering on your right hand? in a necklace? in your ear? I''m just trying to wrap my head around not purchasing diamonds at all.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ummm, didn''t see one for getting another Set
11.gif
an anniversary ring set, that way you can switch off for different moods
31.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2009 1:01:45 PM
For those who don't believe in upgrades, would you wear a diamond bigger than your ering on your right hand? in a necklace? in your ear? I'm just trying to wrap my head around not purchasing diamonds at all.
LOL

Well, if it's your primary spending interest, I can totally understand that. There are a ton of other things that I'd choose to spend my play $$ on first, before jewelry (travel, home, fashion... usually in that order), and in the vast majority of cases I'd also rather just SAVE that money than buy diamonds. Who knows, maybe if I were rollin' in it, I'd feel differently... but I sort of doubt it. A person's spending priorities tend to stay about the same even as their bank account grows, the scale just shifts.

To answer your questions, no, I would not. Not on principle... I just like my e-ring's stone to be the biggest, for whatever reason. I dunno.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2009 2:38:22 PM
Author: D&T
ummm, didn''t see one for getting another Set
11.gif
an anniversary ring set, that way you can switch off for different moods
31.gif
The funny thing is, I just don''t tire of my set as it is (maybe I''m a PS weirdo, or maybe I just haven''t been wearing it long enough yet). I have a couple of thin bands that I could stack in with my set, or wear different combos, but every time I try to do that I find that I "miss" my e-ring + w-band combo by itself. I just like it so much.

I remember seeing MaryAlaina''s thread with all her different rings, and thinking "WOW that is one lucky lady - a combo for every mood!" Now I feel like if I had all those rings, I''d find a combo that was my favorite and just wear that all the time... and my other rings would go to waste.

The one exception I will concede, is that at some point I want a plain or engraved band to wear with my wedding band when I can''t wear my e-ring for whatever reason.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, I''m not addicting to upgrading. If, for an anniversary, my dh and I decided to upgrade to a larger stone, I''d be happy with doing that and keeping that ring as a permanent upgrade.

I kinda want to put my current diamond into a different setting and my husband is okay with that. . .we''re just not planning to do it right now. Other priorities
2.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more upgrade.

I think every woman deserves a "we've been married for multiple decades" celebration, and what better way to celebrate than a 3ct asscher
9.gif

FI is still balking at the 3ct bit, but I've got, yknow, 20 or so yrs to work on it
1.gif

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Very happy where I am right now with upgrade - 1.7 to 3 carats.- kept original setting and stone because it is very sentimental.

But future projects to develop collection of diamond studs, pearls are on the table. I also hope to rework original stone in a future project.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know. Sometimes I think YEAH i''ll change it up, go with a different style or cut. Or sometimes I think that i''ll get the same ring, just bigger. But I do know that i''ll never part with my original center diamond. FI and I picked it out together and it has a lot more sentimental value to me than the setting which is just a stock setting from the designer. The diamond is a one and only. I''ll probably end up making it into a diamond stud, maybe in a Whiteflash W setting. W is going to be the start of my new last name
1.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve never upgraded and probably won''t. I have collected more bands and rings to wear. I don''t think that I''d ever be happy with just one ring or set of rings. I would like to have larger stones to play with. The largest I currently own is the .47 centre in my engagement ring, everything else I own is .20-.37 carat.

If I had more money or a larger stone I might feel differently.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2009 1:01:45 PM
For those who don''t believe in upgrades, would you wear a diamond bigger than your ering on your right hand? in a necklace? in your ear? I''m just trying to wrap my head around not purchasing diamonds at all.

Of course I would. Well, not in my ears since I don''t like wearing large studs but yes to everything else. To me, limiting my jewelry to sizes smaller than my ering would be like dictating to my friends about the size of their erings so that mine can stand out; only in this case you''d just be competing with yourself, which is silly. My ering is my ering; it doesn''t have to be bigger than all the other jewelry I wear to be dearest to me.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t plan on upgrading even though my ering was a total surprise to me, partially because I''m sentimental, partially because I''m just not that big into diamonds.

I do however, have a voraciously growing colored stone collection...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results